21 Aug 2020 - The wiki is undergoing a major cleanup. If you arrived here from a search engine and cannot find the page, please use the wiki search instead (top right corner of page)
More info can be found on the forum
Live TV Artwork
Report Artwork corrections:
|Artwork||Live TV Artwork|
The Live TV section of Kodi provides the facility to view Terrestrial TV through Kodi. This allows you to view your local TV stations as though you were using a standalone Television or a TIVO type device. You are able to view Freeview type program guides, Record programs through Timer Rules and watch the recorded programs all without ever leaving Kodi.
Kodi provides the ability to insert the Logo of your TV Stations which then becomes visible in the program guide, on-screen displays and all channel listings, making it easy to distinguish each channel.
The two following images show some of the uses of the TV Logo's.
The following are the two methods for sourcing and applying logo's in Kodi.
2 TVLogo Add-on
The easiest method of adding logo's to the Live TV section of Kodi is by using the TVLogo Downloader add-on.
This add-on is not currently in the official Kodi repository. It must be downloaded from the above link and installed via zip file.
All logo's are downloaded from TheLogoDB, which is a scraper site for TV Station logos.
- See: TheLogoDB
If not all logo's are available using this method, you should consider contributing to the collection at TheLogoDB. Alternatively, use the Manual process to install the missing logo's.
3 Manual Process
The Manual Process of populating Kodi with logo's requires three steps:
- Source Logo's
- Save to local drive
- Load into Kodi
3.1 Source Logo's
Sourcing TV Station Logo's is relatively simple. Some commonly used methods to source logo's are:
- Google Image search
- Download from the official site of the TV Station
- Download from TheLogoDB Website
- Create your own logo's
3.2 Saving Logo's
Once you have sourced your logo's, they must be saved to your local hard drive. The images must conform to the image requirements detailed in the following two tables.
Note the following:
- The following two tables apply only to the logo's you have manually sourced and saved. It does not apply to logo's downloaded by the add-on in the previous section.
- The Aspect Ratios should be respected as the image fields within skins are not adjustable. Using incorrect ratios may lead to stretching, squashing or cropping of your logo's.
Required file properties:
Note: The resolution may be increased but ensure the aspect ratio is maintained
|File Type||Aspect Ratio||Resolution- recommended|
Naming and Saving conventions for your own manually sourced logo's:
Logo's can be saved in any location as Kodi does not search or scrape logo's. The only requirement is that the logged-in User has read permission for the folder where the logo's are saved.
3.3 Loading Logo's
The following is based on NextPVR
From within Kodi it is possible to manually add or remove logos by following these directions:
- 1. In the PVR Settings menu set the folder which contains the logo's as shown in image 1
- 2. Back to the PVR Homescreen, pull out the Sideblade menu and ensure "Show Icons" is enabled (image 2)
- 3. From the TV Channel listing, highlight the channel that will have the logo set (image 3)
- 4. Call up the Context Menu and select Manage (image 4)
- 5. From the Manage Context menu, select Channel manager (image 5)
- 6. From the Channel manager page, scroll to the desired channel. Once the channel is highlighted, move to the right column and select Channel icon: (image 6)
- 7. From the Browse for icon page, select Browse or other appropriate option (image 7)
- 8. From the Browse for icon page, select Channel icons which is the folder you set in the Settings page in image 1 above (image 8)
- 9. Select the appropriate logo and press OK
If loading multiple logos, repeat from Step 3.
The following is based on TVheadend
If you are using TVHeadend as your TV server, then it is possible to add logos using it's web admin interface.
You will need to host the logos somewhere on an internal web server or external.
Then you can add the logos in the "User Icon" field manager (TVHeadend web page >> Configuration >> Channel / EPG):
|Return to top|
|Next step:||Live TV Guide|