PSA: Our Wiki software is being updated to the latest version to fix the ReCaptcha issue. We request that no edits be made until this banner is removed. The wiki is still available for research purposes. Thankyou.
|This page or section may require cleanup, updating, spellchecking, reformatting and/or updated images. Please improve this page if you can. The discussion page may contain suggestions.|
Pictures is an easy way to view your pictures. It allows you to view them as a slideshow with nice transition effects and even allows you to listen to your music while viewing your slideshow.
1 About Pictures
- For a list of features available for pictures see
- Features Available for Pictures
- For a complete list of supported picture/image formats see
- Supported File Formats
2 Picture Control
2.1 Zooming in/out on Pictures
- This can be performed while viewing individual pictures or in a slideshow. While viewing press 0-9 on remote or keyboard to zoom in and out. While zoomed you can use the ← ↑ ↓ → the keyboard to scroll the edges of the picture.
- The SlideShow function will start a sequential slideshow of all the pictures in the current folder with some nice transition effects. You can enable/disable the transition effects in Settings/Pictures/Slideshow.
3.1 Recursive SlideShow (R. SlideShow)
- This option will display a slideshow using all images in the current folder and all of its sub-folders. It must detect sub folder in a directory to activate the option.
- When selected, Kodi will display the slideshow in a random order.
3.3 Playing Music with your SlideShow
- In order to play music with your slideshow, simply start a music source (playlist, song, etc} and then start the slideshow. The music will play in the background.
4 Sources for Pictures
- Sources are an important aspect of Pictures. Setting sources allows you to easily access your picture collection.
- Kodi gives you the ability to link to sources that are for example:
- On your computer (in a local network) or a NAS (Network Attached Storage) device/system, which supports SMB and NFS file sharing;
- USB HDD's, Cameras with USB port, USB keys.
- Card Readers, Internal or external.
- Phones with USB cable.
- Stored directly on the hard drive of your Kodi device
- On CDs/DVDs in the CD/DVD drive.
- CBZ and CBR are comic book archive files, they are pictures/image stored in CBZ (a renamed ZIP-archive) or CBR (a renamed RAR-archive) format. CBZ and CBR comic book archives are automatically parsed by Kodi (as long as the image-format is supported) so that you can view/read, browse and zoom the pictures it contains.
- You can create comic book archives yourself on your computer: Your images should use a compressed format such as JPEG or PNG. Then the easiest way is to copy all images into a new folder, name them properly, ZIP/RAR the folder, and rename it to *.cbz respectively *.cbr extension. Though not required, you should configure your ZIP/RAR tool to not compress the files, instead only use the "store" option, (this hardly increases the size of the final archive, but speeds up opening the archive a lot). Note that the preferred comic book archive is CBZ (i.e. ZIP) simply because ZIP tools (and libraries for those who which to create comic book archive readers themself) are more readily available.
- Add-on:Banca Sapo
- Add-on:Break Pictures
- Add-on:Cheezburger Network
- Add-on:Cooking with Kodi
- Add-on:Cyanide & Happiness
- Add-on:Daily Dilbert
- Add-on:Dbmc (Dropbox add-on)
- Add-on:Google Drive
- Add-on:Ilpiola mobile device tracker
- Add-on:Jyllands-Posten foto
- Add-on:Last.FM - SlideShow
- Add-on:Photo App
- Add-on:Super Favourites
- Add-on:The Big Picture
7 Screen savers
- Add-on:ATV4 Screensavers
- Add-on:Anime Fanartsaver
- Add-on:Bing: Photos of the Week
- Add-on:Digital Clock Screensaver
- Add-on:Flip Clock
- Add-on:Football Panel
- Add-on:Google Earth
- Add-on:Instagram Screensaver
- Add-on:Multi Slideshow Screensaver
- Add-on:Picture Slideshow Screensaver
- Add-on:Plugin Slideshow
- Add-on:QLock Screensaver
- Add-on:System 47 - Star Trek LCARS ScreenSaver
- Add-on:The Big Pictures Screensaver
- Add-on:Unary Clock Screensaver
- Add-on:Unsplash Photo Screensaver
- Add-on:Video ScreenSaver
8 See also