| Video Library
Kodi has the option to Export and Import the library databases. These options may be used for a number of reasons including the following more popular ones:
- Perform database backup and recovery
- Reorganization of data or eliminate database fragmentation (export, clean/remove database, re-import)
- Move data between Kodi databases on different platforms (eg Widows to Linux)
This page details how to Import and Export the Music Library.
See: Import-Export Music lIbrary
This page details how to Import and Export the Video Library which consists of:
- Movies- Metadata and artwork
- TV Shows- Metadata and artwork
- Music Videos- Metadata and artwork
See: Import-Export Video lIbrary
Note: You cannot selectively Import or Export parts of the database.
A Note on Artwork
Cached artwork is an optimized version of the original image and this is what Kodi exports, rather than the original full-quality image, so it is best to avoid exporting artwork if at all possible.
To download original artwork to save locally use one of the following addons...
- Artwork Dump- for v19 and later
- Artwork Beef- for v18 and earlier
An explanation of the effects of these optimizations can be located in the forum here.
|Return to top|