| Video Library
Kodi has the option to Export and Import the library databases. These options may be used for a number of reasons including the following more popular ones:
- Perform database backup and recovery
- Reorganization of data or eliminate database fragmentation (export, clean/remove database, re-import)
- Move data between Kodi databases on different platforms (eg Widows to Linux)
This page details how to Import and Export the Music Library.
This page details how to Import and Export the Video Library which consists of:
- Movies- Metadata and artwork
- TV Shows- Metadata and artwork
- Music Videos- Metadata and artwork
Note: You cannot selectively Import or Export parts of the database.
A Note on Artwork
Cached artwork is an optimized version of the original image and this is what Kodi exports, rather than the original full-quality image, so it is best to avoid exporting artwork if at all possible.
To download original artwork to save locally use one of the following addons...
An explanation of the effects of these optimizations can be located in the forum here.
|Return to top