Add-on:IPTV Simple Client
|Live TV and PVR Setup Guide:|
|PVR||Recording software||IPTV Simple Client|
|IPTV Simple Client|
|Add-ons||IPTV Simple Client|
|Need help with this add-on? See here.|
IPTV Simple PVR Client support m3u playlists, streaming of Live TV for multicast/unicast sources, listening to Radio channels and EPG.
IPTV Simple Client is a basic PVR Addon for XBMC to recieve IPTV Live TV, Radio channels, and EPG directly in XBMC.
It adds support for Live TV watching and EPG TV Guide through IPTV provided by the Internet providers in former USSR countries among others.
Please note that this is not yet stable software, and the authors are in no way responsible for failed playings, incorrect EPG times, wasted hours, or any other undesirable effects.
IMPORTANT: Please disable all PVR addons before installing this IPTV Simple Client addon!
2 What is IPTV
IPTV (abbreviation for "Internet Protocol television") is a system through which television services are delivered using the Internet protocol suite over a packet-switched network such as the Internet, instead of being delivered through traditional terrestrial, satellite signal, and cable television formats.
IPTV is distinguished from Internet television by its on-going standardization process (e.g., European Telecommunications Standards Institute) and preferential deployment scenarios in subscriber-based telecommunications networks with high-speed access channels into end-user premises via set-top boxes or other customer-premises equipment.
For a more broader general overview of what IPTV is and what it is not, please read the article about IPTV on wikipedia.
3 Setup the IPTV Simple Client in Kodi
- Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled add-ons -> PVR Clients and select the IPTV Simple Client add-on
- Select "Configure"
The IPTV Simple Client addon currently supports using M3U playlist format as Live TV streams source and XMLTV (XML) format as EPG source.
For usage M3U playlist format example please take a look at below, (just click "[show]" to expand the hidden example):
#EXTM3U tvg-shift=3 #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="id1" tvg-name="Channel_1" tvg-logo="logo1" group-title="Group 1",Channel 1 http://STREAMURL #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="id2" tvg-name="Channel_2" tvg-logo="logo2" group-title="Group 2",Channel 2 udp://STREAMURL ...
- tvg-id is value of channel id in EPG xml file. If the tag is absent then addon will use tvg-name for map channel to EPG;
- tvg-name is value of display-name in EPG there all space chars replaced to _ (underscore char) if this value is not found in xml then addon will use the channel name to find correct EPG.
- tvg-logo is name of channel logo file without extension (.png). If this tag is absent then addon will use channel name to find logo.
- tvg-shift is value in hours to shift EPG time. This tag can be used in #EXTM3U for apply shift to all channels or in #EXTINF for apply shift only to current channel.
- group-title is channels group name. If the tag is absent then addon will use group name from the previous channel.
- radio is flag that indicate what group or cahnnel is radio. If the tag is absent then addon will use value from current group (if exists).
Addon supports the EPG in XMLTV format example please take a look at below, (just click "[show]" to expand the hidden example):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <tv> <channel id="id1"> <display-name lang="en">Channel 1</display-name> </channel> <channel id="id2"> <display-name lang="en">Channel 2</display-name> </channel> ... <programme start="20130215080000 +0100" stop="20130215081500 +0100" channel="id1"> <title lang="en">News</title> </programme> <programme start="20130215080500 +0100" stop="20130215083500 +0100" channel="id2"> <title lang="en">Movie</title> </programme> ... </tv>
In the future releases the developer plan on implemented support for timers and maybe the possibility to pause streams.
5 Source code
The source code for this IPTV Simple Client addons was originally based on the PVR Demo Client written by Lars Op den Kamp (a.k.a. opdenkamp) on behalf of Pulse-Eight.
- Upstream source code repository: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimple
- Downstream source code repository: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/tree/master/addons/pvr.iptvsimple