Add-on:PVR IPTV Simple Client
|PVR IPTV Simple Client|
|Add-ons||PVR IPTV Simple Client|
IPTV Simple PVR Client support m3u playlists, streaming of Live TV for multicast/unicast sources, listening to Radio channels and EPG.
For documentation visit: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimple/blob/Leia/README.md
To install this add-on you must do so from the Add-on manager from within Kodi by going to
- The home screen
- PVR clients
- PVR IPTV Simple Client
For Linux, see... Ubuntu PVR add-ons
|Live TV, PVR & Radio Contents|
| Related Pages:|
IPTV Simple Client is a basic PVR Addon for XBMC to recieve IPTV Live TV, Radio channels, and EPG directly in XBMC.
It adds support for Live TV watching and EPG TV Guide through IPTV provided by the Internet providers in former USSR countries among others.
Please note that this is not yet stable software, and the authors are in no way responsible for failed playings, incorrect EPG times, wasted hours, or any other undesirable effects.
IMPORTANT: Please disable all PVR addons before installing this IPTV Simple Client addon!
3 What is IPTV
IPTV (abbreviation for "Internet Protocol television") is a system through which television services are delivered using the Internet protocol suite over a packet-switched network such as the Internet, instead of being delivered through traditional terrestrial, satellite signal, and cable television formats.
IPTV is distinguished from Internet television by its on-going standardization process (e.g., European Telecommunications Standards Institute) and preferential deployment scenarios in subscriber-based telecommunications networks with high-speed access channels into end-user premises via set-top boxes or other customer-premises equipment.
For a more broader general overview of what IPTV is and what it is not, please read the article about IPTV on wikipedia.
4 IPTV inside Kodi
To get an IPTV signal into Kodi's PVR frontend your first option is to use an external third-party PVR backend software or stand-alone hardware box that will parse the signal and then in turn repackage and forward it on to a PVR client addon compatible with Kodi, using PVR backend server software such as Tvheadend, VDR, MythTV, and MediaPortal, or a stand-alone hardware box like Njoy N7 or HDHomeRun.
The second option is to use a PVR client addon in Kodi that is capable of receiving IPTV signal directly in Kodi without an third-party PVR backend software or hardware, for which there currently only is one PVR client addon, and that is |IPTV Simple Client
5 Setup the IPTV Simple Client in Kodi
- Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> My add-ons -> PVR Clients
- Select "Configure"
The IPTV Simple Client addon currently supports using M3U playlist format as Live TV streams source and XMLTV (XML) format as EPG source.
For usage M3U playlist format example please take a look at below, (just click "[show]" to expand the hidden example):
#EXTM3U tvg-shift=3 #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="id1" tvg-name="Channel_1" tvg-logo="logo1" tvg-chno="1" group-title="Group 1",Channel 1 http://STREAMURL #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="id2" tvg-name="Channel_2" tvg-logo="logo2" tvg-chno='2" group-title="Group 2",Channel 2 udp://STREAMURL ...
- Corresponds to 'channel-id' field in the EPG xml file.
- If missing from the M3U file, the addon will use the 'tvg-name' tag to map the channel to the EPG.
- Corresponds to 'display-name' field in the EPG xml file. Space characters need to be replaced with '_' (underscore character).
- If missing from the M3U file, the addon will use the 'channel-name' tag to map the channel to the EPG.
- Channel Logo filename; without the extension (.png).
- If missing from the M3U file, the addon will use the 'channel-name' to find the logo.
- Defines the amount of time, in hours, to shift the EPG.
- Use '#EXTM3U' to shift all channels.
- Use '#EXTINF' to shift an individual channel.
- Corresponds to the channel number in Kodi.
- Displays the number next the name of the channel.
- Group name for user defined collection of channels.
- If missing from the M3U file, the addon will use the group name from the previous channel.
- Is a flag that defined a group or a channel as a radio channel.
- If missing from the M3U file, the addon will use the current group value, if one exists.
Addon supports the EPG in XMLTV format example please take a look at below, (just click "[show]" to expand the hidden example):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <tv> <channel id="id1"> <display-name lang="en">Channel 1</display-name> </channel> <channel id="id2"> <display-name lang="en">Channel 2</display-name> </channel> ... <programme start="20130215080000 +0100" stop="20130215081500 +0100" channel="id1"> <title lang="en">News</title> </programme> <programme start="20130215080500 +0100" stop="20130215083500 +0100" channel="id2"> <title lang="en">Movie</title> </programme> ... </tv>
In the future releases the developer plan on implemented support for timers and maybe the possibility to pause streams.
7 Source code
The source code for this IPTV Simple Client addons was originally based on the PVR Demo Client written by Lars Op den Kamp (a.k.a. opdenkamp) on behalf of Pulse-Eight.
- Upstream source code repository: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimple
- Downstream source code repository: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/tree/master/addons/pvr.iptvsimple