Add-on:TMDb TV Shows
|TMDb TV Shows|
|Add-ons||TMDb TV Shows|
|Need help with this add-on? See here.|
The Movie Database (TMDb) is a community built movie and TV database. Every piece of data has been added by our amazing community dating back to 2008. TMDb's strong international focus and breadth of data is largely unmatched and something we're incredibly proud of. Put simply, we live and breathe community and that's precisely what makes us different.
This add-on is installed from the Add-on browser located in Kodi as follows:
- Install from repository
- Information providers (v16 and higher)
- TV information
- TMDb TV Shows
The Movie Database Python scraper is developed and maintained by Team Kodi. It is written in Python and has proven to be more stable and reliable than the Regex based scrapers.
TMDb TV Shows scraper accesses the following sites to scrape your TV Shows, seasons and episodes to populate your library:
- TheMovieDB - for metadata and some artwork
- fanart.tv - for artwork
- IMDB - for ratings
- Trakt.tv - for ratings
If the scraper is unable to find the correct TV Show, you can perform a search using either the IMDB, TMDB or TVDB ID's. This may be a more convenient method than using a Parsing NFO file.
- To search by TMDB enter the prefix tmdb/ followed by the ID. eg tmdb/90027
- To search by TVDB enter the prefix tvdb/ followed by the ID. eg tvdb/365026
- To search by IMDB ID enter the ttxxxxxx ID directly without any prefix. eg tt0489974
Note: This method can only be used for the TV Show. It cannot be used to find episodes.
Scraper settings can be adjusted in three locations, each location having a different result. When adjusting the settings be mindful of where:
- 1. Kodi System Settings ▶ Add-ons ▶ Information Providers ▶ (Select Scraper)
- Scrapers are installed with default settings. Adjusting settings in this location sets the new default settings for your scraper. From this point on any source you change to use this scraper will use the new default settings. Existing sources are not changed
- If an existing source is already using this scraper, and you would like the new settings to take effect, change the source to use another scraper, save and answer no to updating the library. Then change the scraper back and the new default settings will be loaded for the source. See: Changing Scrapers
- Alternatively, use the next method.
- 2. Videos ▶ Files ▶ Source ▶ Context Menu ▶ Change Content ▶ Settings
- Changing settings at the source will affect that source only.
- 3. Videos ▶ Files ▶ Source ▶ Movie/TV Show folder ▶ Context Menu ▶ Change Content ▶ Settings
- Changing settings on the folder containing a movie or TV show will affect only that movie or TV show.
Note: Changing scraper settings does not change the metadata or artwork already in your library. Only items scraped after the setting changes will be affected.
- Preferred language
- Set which language of metadata to scrape
- Preferred certification country
- Select which country Content Certification system (MPAA) to use.
- Include certification prefix
- To display the appropriate Content Advisory Rating flags in your skin, the rating must be prefixed. Enable this setting and add the prefix in the next setting.
- Insert the required certification prefix here. If unsure, check with the skin author what the required prefix is for your chosen country.
- Keep Original Title
- Use the original (untranslated) title when downloading metadata for a foreign film.
- For example the TV show Money Heist is the English translated title. The original title of the TV show is La casa de papel. If you prefer the English translated title (or whichever language you have set in the scraper settings), then disable the setting. If you prefer the original languge title then enable the setting.
- Add keywords as tags
- Scrape Keywords from TMDB and add them as Tags in Kodi
- Be aware that larger libraries may be flooded with thousands of tags in Kodi
- Categorize fanart with text as landscape
- Fanart is 16x9 images with no text
- Landscape are fanart images with text
- With this setting enabled, 16:9 images with text are scraped as a Landscape image type.
- Include country code with studio
- When disabled the studio will be saved as HBO
- When enabled, the studio will be saved as HBO (US) with the country of origin appended to the studio name.
- If the skin uses Studio Icons, enabling this setting may break the display of icons for many studios.
- Enable Trailer
- When enabled, will scrape links to online trailers. Only a link is scraped to the trailer. The trailer itself is not downloaded.
- Addon Player
- Choose which addon to use to play the trailer.
- Default rating from
- Choose which rating to download and display as the default rating. Most skins displays only a single rating. Choices are TMDB, IMDB and Trakt.
- Also add IMDB ratings
- Download IMDB ratings in addition to the default rating. If IMDB is selected as default above, this setting will be greyed out.
- Also add Trakt.tv ratings
- Download Trakt.tv ratings in addition to the default rating. If Trakt.tv is selected as default above, this setting will be greyed out.
- Also add TMDB ratings
- Download TMDB ratings in addition to the default rating. If TMDB is selected as default above, this setting will be greyed out.
This section controls artwork scraping from fanart.tv
All artwork related settings are set inin the Artwork section of the Kodi settings. Use these settings to modify which artwork types are downloaded. The default is to download all artwork types.
- Include art from fanart.tv
- This setting is enabled by default which allows scraping of artwork from fanart.tv.
- For those that prefer no extended artwork, disable this setting. Artwork will then be limited to Poster, fanart, landscape and clearlogo as provided by TheMovieDB, unless you have further adjusted the artwork settings in Kodi.
- Client key (optional)
- Enter your personal API key here if you have one.
- A personal API key is not required to use these features.
- For more information on API keys, see fanart.tv Personal API Key benefits
- Verbose debug logging
- Used to add additional logging to help fault find scraping issues.
- The additional logging is detailed and not required for general scraping issues. Please do not enable this unless specifically requested.
Some TV Shows are originally broadcast in one order (default order) but the order may be different when broadcasting in a different country (La Casa De Papel), or the DVD/Bluray release may have a different screening order (Firefly).
TheMovieDB uses Episode Groups for additional episode orders.
Note: When using episode groups, the numbering of your episode files (SxxEyy) must match the numbering of the order you have chosen to use.
Image 3- Select a Group, then copy the address for use in a Parsing NFO file.
|Return to top|