Little Known Fire TV Options and Links
These links aren't very well publicized, but they have a great deal of potential to help if you are running into performance issues in Kodi, want to adjust your video quality, or even monitor the data you're using, if your ISP has imposed a data cap on your account. Some system hacks are also shown here.
1 Adding and Manipulating Content
2 Diagnostic Tools
- Amazon official page on System X-Ray
- System X-Ray This option allows you to view information about your network, your data speed, and at what rate your videos are playing, among others. Useful for debugging network issues without having to sideload another application.
- Developer Tools Menu Shortcut for FireTV Easy way to access System XRay and other tools
- MyNetLyzer Pro is a free app that can display channel congestion in a chart for each frequency range, MAC addresses and other useful information
3 2nd Generation FireTV Features
- Data Cap Alert For those that have data caps on your network, this utility will monitor your data usage and alert you when you've hit a limit that you set
- Adjust the Video Resolution on your FireTV
- If you have the latest 126.96.36.199 firmware, you will find that playing a 1080p video at 24Hz resolution doesn't work well. There is a bug in the update, and it's discussed here
4 Fire TV 3 Utilities
- Fire TV 3 allows you to choose color depth and format
- Amazon Updates FireTV System Toolbar with more info and customization
5 Remote Control Utilities