FireTV Known Issues
From Official Kodi Wiki
- Thermal failures are common on the FireTV sticks, particularly the first generation. Heavy use of video streaming tends to make the sticks very hot. This can cause an eventual complete failure. One solution has been to buy a small office fan (such as from Staples) to blow air on the stick.
- If you have the latest 126.96.36.199 firmware, you will find that playing a 1080p video at 24Hz resolution doesn't work well. There is a bug in the update, and it's discussed here
- VC-1 / WMV9 encoded videos is currently not hardware decoded in Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV box or stick
- Live IPTV (via multicast UDP/RTP) is currently not supported due to missing kernel support.
- Unless rooted, the micro USB port on the Amazon Fire TV Stick does not support USB host functions (no hard drives or USB input).
Kodi config is kept in
Let's say you wanted to edit a
sources.xml or other XML configuration file on your FireTV.
$ adb connect <fire_tv_ip> $ adb pull /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml * edit the local copy of sources.xml * $ adb push sources.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml