Add-on:RTL-SDR FM Radio Client
This page or section is incomplete. Please add information or correct uncertain data which is marked with a ?
|RTL-SDR FM Radio Client|
|Add-ons||RTL-SDR FM Radio Client|
|Need help with this add-on? See here.|
FM Radio with RDS receiver based upon RTL-SDR as a PVR add-on for Kodi. With this you can turn your Realtek RTL2832 based DVB dongle into a FM radio receiver.
This add-on, which allows you to receive FM Radio with RDS on a very cheap USB DVB-T stick, relies on RTL-SDR that provides a software defined radio using the USB stick. Processing is performed on the CPU which can require a lot of CPU performance.
The add-on interfaces with RTL-SDR supported Realtek RTL2832U based USB receivers (see http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr) to decode an FM radio signal and send to Kodi the audio stream in float format and the RDS signal translated to UECP.
The add-on is usable since Kodi 15.0 and RDS support first came with Kodi 16.0.
Note! On Linux make sure the kernel module dvb_usb_rtl28xxu for DVB-T is not loaded, otherwise is it not usable for RTL-SDR!
3 See also
4 External Links
- Website: http://esmasol.de/open-source/kodi-add-on-s/fm-radio-receiver/
- Source code: https://github.com/AlwinEsch/pvr.rtl.radiofm
- Kodi forum: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214747
4.1 RTL SDR FM Streamer
An alternative FM receiver based on RTL-SDR that doesn't use an add-on.
- Website: https://github.com/AlbrechtL/rtl_fm_streamer
- OpenELEC thread: https://forum.openelec.tv/showthread.php?tid=75537
- Raspberrypi.org thread: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=122372