21 Aug 2020 - The wiki is undergoing a major cleanup. If you arrived here from a search engine and cannot find the page, please use the wiki search instead (top right corner of page)
More info can be found on the forum
|Steps to create your Music Library|
|1. Guide Main Page|
|2. Music Settings|
|3. Music File Tagging|
|4. Scanning Music Into Library|
|5. Artist information folder|
|6. Scraping Additional Music data
|7. Update Music Library|
|8. NFO Files
|10. Import-export library
|11. Backup & Recover|
|Music library||Adding music to the library|
This page details the following:
- Adding and removing Sources
- Scan (import) your music collection into the Music Library.
- Troubleshooting common problems
A reminder of the following:
- Ensure the setting Fetch additional information during updates is disabled
- Ensure you have taken care to correctly tag your music and set up your Artist information folder
2 Adding Music to Library
- Populating the music library is a two step process.
- The first step reads the tags embedded in the music files. This is referred to as scanning. If there is any embedded artwork, this will also be scanned and cached.
- The second optional step fetches additional artwork, artist and album information. This information and artwork can be downloaded from either online sources or fetched from local nfo files. This is referred to as scraping and is covered in detail in the next step of the guide.
2.1 Initial Set Source & Scan
This process achieves the following:
- Sets your music source(s) in Kodi. Simply explained, this points Kodi to your music files
- Allows Kodi to scan the tags in the music files and import that data into the library
2.2 Adding Additional Music Sources
2.3 Scan to Library
In step 6 above, you were asked Do you want to add the media from this source to your library?
Click the below link if you selected No and would now like to add the music files into the library
4 Network Sources
Kodi gives you the ability to listen to music from a variety of sources.
Some examples of sources that allow you to easily access all your digital music collection:
- On your computer or a NAS (Network Attached Storage) device/system, which supports SMB file sharing
- Stored directly on the hard drive
- On CDs/DVDs
- Streamed from the Internet
|Return to top|
|Next step:||Artist Information Folder|