|Live TV, PVR & Radio Contents|
HDHomeRun is made by SiliconDust and is a stand-alone networked TV/HDTV tuner box. The HDHomeRun can either connect with over the air TV signals or with cablecard, and then stream the channels over a network to supported clients, such as Kodi.
HDHomeRun unofficial PVR add-on (C/C++ based)
The HDHomeRun PVR addon is an unofficial, native PVR client made by the Kodi community for SiliconDust HDHomeRun network attached television tuner series.
This unofficial PVR C/C++ binary addon for HDHomeRun is an open source code community project and is not to be confused with SiliconDust's official HDHomeRun addon. The official SiliconDust does not use Kodi's own native PVR frontend interface.
Main page: zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr Git wiki
The zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr is an unofficial open source Kodi PVR client add-on designed to compliment the SiliconDust HDHomeRun DVR Service. This PVR Client supports streaming and timeshifting of Live TV, playback and management of Recordings, Electronic Program Guide (EPG) listings, and Timer management.
Note: The developer of this addon has stated that he is no longer actively developing this addon. Any major breakages may be fixed, but no new features will be added.
Newer HDHome Run devices can act as UPnP/DLNA servers, which allow setting up in Kodi to be as easy as adding a normal UPnP file source.
The HDHomeRun can also be accessed indirectly via several external third-party PVR recording software applications for full PVR features, including TV guides/EPGs, scheduled recordings, and more.
- Setting up the HDHome Run Prime and Raspberry Pi for cable TV in the US
- HDHomeRun official website at SiliconDust
- SiliconDust Support Forum for HDHomeRun
- SiliconDust support forum for XBMC
- Kodi Community Forum discussion - Native support for HDHomeRun (Networked Digital Cable TV/HDTV Tuner)
- HDHomeRun ToolBox for Linux Project
- Using HDHomeRun Prime with Raspberry Pi for live cable TV viewing