WeTek is an manufacturer of ARM-based media player set-top boxes that can run Kodi on Android or Linux, with the hardware and firmware images developed by WeTek Electronics Limited themselves as well as developers from the Archive:OpenELEC community.
WeTek devices all sell with Kodi as their main media player. They have some device models with support for integrated TV-tuners (which can be replaced) and some models without support for integrated TV-tuners.
- Archive:WeTek Play was the first model released in late 2014 which is still being sold directly from WeTek as their mid-level model pre-loaded with Android. WeTek Play is also being sold by the Archive:OpenELEC team pre-loaded with their popular embedded Linux distrobution for Kodi.
- Archive:WeTek Core was released in late 2015 and is their current entry-level model, as while technically more powerful Archive:WeTek Play does not support for integrated TV-tuners.
WeTek have also announced plans to release at least two new upcoming media player, with one expecting to be a middle level model and one high-end level model in succession sometime during 2016.
- WeTek Hub is an upcoming model without intregrated TV-tuner capability.
- WeTek Play2 is an upcoming model with intregrated TV-tuner capability for DVB-C/T/T2 and ATSC tuners.
- WeTek Play2S is an upcoming model with intregrated TV-tuner capability for DVB-S/S2 tuners.
WeTek devices can today be considered one of the main reference hardware target for the Kodi for Android development, (filling the role which Archive:Pivos_XIOS previously held). Archive:WeTek Play and Archive:WeTek Core performs roughly at the level the first and second-generation (2) Raspberry Pi respectivly, but other than coming with a proper remote control and media player case, support Android OS with DRM out-of-the-box so can use popular payed-subscription Android streaming apps like Netflix and Hulo.
1 See also
- Archive:WeTek Play was the first model released in late 2014, and have support for integrated TV-tuners.
- Archive:WeTek Core was released in late 2015, does not support for integrated TV-tuners.
- Android hardware - Other Android platform which Kodi supports hardware video decoding on.
- Android - Android operating system information in regards to Kodi usage.