Pivos XIOS is an series of ARM-based media player set-top boxes from that can run Kodi on Android or Linux, with the hardware and firmware images developed by Pivos Technology Group.
- Archive:Pivos_XIOS_DS was the first model released in 2012, and have since been suceeded by Archive:Pivos_XIOS_XS.
- Archive:Pivos_XIOS_XS was released in the middle of 2014 and is their current entry level model, as sucessor to Archive:Pivos_XIOS_DS.
Pivos XIOS DS was the original reference hardware target for the XBMC for Android port development. Pivos XIOS DS performs roughly at the level as a jailbroken ATV2, but also comes with USB ports, micro-SD card, and niether the XIOS DS or XIOS XS need to be jailbroken to run Kodi.
Pivos also have plans on releasing two new upcoming XIOS boxes, one middle level model and one high-end level model in succession sometime during 2015.
1 See also
- Archive:Pivos_XIOS_XS - XIOS XS from Pivos is the successor to XIOS DS
- Archive:Pivos_XIOS_DS - XIOS DS from Pivos was the predecessor to XIOS XS
- Android hardware - Other Android platform which Kodi supports hardware video decoding on.
- Android - Android operating system information in regards to Kodi usage.