Archive:Pivos XIOS DS
| THIS PAGE IS OUTDATED:
This page or section has not been updated in a long time, no longer applies, refers to features that have been replaced/removed, and/or may not be reliable.
This page is only kept for historical reasons, or in case someone wants to try updating it.
|These pages are maintained by the community and should not be considered an endorsement or recommendation. Device pages are made when there's a bunch of useful information for a particular device, and someone takes the time to make that page. Keep in mind, some devices simply don't need a page of specific information, but are still excellent devices. *|
|XIOS DS Media Play|
|Manufacturer||Pivos Technology Group, Inc.|
|OS||Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and Linux|
|CPU||Amlogic AML8726-M1/M3 SoC with Single-Core Cortex A9 ARM CPU|
|Storage||? GB internal|
|RAM||512 MB / 1 GB RAM|
|Connectivity||HDMI A/V output, 3 x USB 2.0 ports, MicroSD/SDHC Memory Slot (upto 32GB), 10/100 Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, DC-power|
|Dimensions||100 × 100 × 15 mm|
|Read this page and still need help? Check out these forums: Android & Linux.|
Pivos XIOS DS is an ARM-based media player set-top box that can run Kodi on either Android or Linux. This Pivos XIOS DS was the original reference hardware target for the XBMC/Kodi for Android port development. Pivos XIOS DS performs roughly at the level as a jailbroken ATV2, but also comes with USB ports, micro-SD card, and doesn't need to be jailbroken.
1 Installing Kodi
- Pivos users should now use the normal Kodi for Android build from kodi.tv : http://kodi.tv/download/
- Kodi v14.0 - http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4935#p44750
- Tofu (a Kodi fork/mod) - http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5048
2 Remote control
- Contextual menu
- Directional pad: Up, Down, Right, Left
- Volume (on side)
- Directional pad:
- Up: +10 minutes or next chapter
- Down: -10 minutes or previous chapter
- Right: +30 seconds
- Left: -30 seconds
- On-screen-display controls
- Volume (on side)
- Goes back into the video listing (won't stop playback, so you must return to fullscreen using the lefthand sidebar menu. See here for an alternative.)
- Video info
3 Random notes
Feel free to place various notes, tips, and links here. As this section of the wiki gets more organized, those notes will be properly sorted. Consider this like a dumping ground for when you're not sure where to put something.
- This is no longer considered a cost effective device for new users. Newer hardware at or lower than $100 USD is now available that runs Kodi much better.
4 See also
- Pivos XIOS XS - XIOS XS from Pivos is the successor to XIOS DS
- Android hardware - Other Android platform which Kodi supports hardware video decoding on.
- Android - Android operating system information in regards to Kodi usage.