Archive:Alternative keymaps for Pivos XIOS DS remote
Alternative keymaps for the Pivos XIOS DSremote, as suggested by the community.
1 Installing keymaps
There are a few methods to load custom keymaps on Kodi.
1.1 File manager
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml) on the file share.
- Go to the File Manager in Kodi. For the default skin, Confluence, highlight the "System" tab and then select the submenu "File manager" option.
- Add the file share as a source in the "A" window, then navigate to where the keymap file is.
- In the "B" window go do the Profile directory which will be the userdata folder, then open the keymaps folder.
- Highlight the keymap file from the "A" window, then press menu, and then select copy. This will copy the selected keymap to the Fire TV's userdata folder.
- Now just restart Kodi to load the new keymap.
1.2 Copy directly to userdata folder
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml)
- Use a file manager of your choice, such as the one build into your OS, and copy this file to the userdata folder within the keymaps folder.
The Userdata folder is a subfolder of the Kodi Data Folder and is located as shown in the table below.
|Operating system||Userdata Folder|
|Android||Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ (see note)|
|Nvidia Shield (SMB)||smb://<nvidiashieldurl>/internal/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata|
|Windows Portable||<Install location chosen by you>\portable_data\userdata\|
|Windows via Microsoft Store||%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\|
- Note: In some Android setups the path may be slightly different to the one stated above.
2 Keymap 1
Should work on both Android and Linux versions.
2.1 What it does
Changes from the default are shown in bold print.
- Contextual menu
- Directional pad: Up, Down, Right, Left
- Volume (on side)
- Video playback
- Small step back (-7 seconds)
- Directional pad:
- Up: +10 minutes or next chapter
- Down: -10 minutes or previous chapter
- Right: +30 seconds
- Left: -30 seconds
- Volume (on side)
- On-Screen-Display controls
- Cut and paste the following into a new text document and save as keyboard.xml and place in
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <keymap> <FullscreenVideo> <keyboard> <c>seek(-7)</c> <menu>SmallStepBack</menu> <backspace>Stop</backspace> <i>OSD</i> <return>Play</return> </keyboard> </FullscreenVideo> <VideoOSD> <keyboard> <i>Back</i> </keyboard> </VideoOSD> </keymap>