Add-on:Video Node Editor
|Video Node Editor|
|Add-ons||Video Node Editor|
|Need help with this add-on? See here.|
Create and edit custom video nodes.
To install this add-on you must do so from the Add-on manager from within Kodi by going to
- The home screen
- Program Add-ons
- Video Node Editor
The Video Node Editor allows you to create and customise custom video nodes within Kodi.
3 Anatomy of a Custom Video Nodes
3.1 Parent nodes
Parent nodes act like folders - they contain nodes, and can contain parent nodes. You can also add rules to a parent node, which will be applied to all nodes immediately within it.
Nodes describe views of your media. They can include multiple elements which describe what media Kodi will display, and how it will filter it. A new node will let you set one of two parameters, either 'Content' or 'Path'
Set content to the type of media that Kodi will display in this node. Either Movies, TV Shows, Episodes or Music Videos. Once content is set, new options become available.
Set the property of the media that it will be ordered by in the view. You can select the property (title, year, director, etc) and the direction that it will be ordered (ascending, descending)
Group media be a given property (genre, actor, director, etc)
Limit the number of results that will be returned
A rule that must be matched by any content that will be returned. Rules are made of three parts - the property of the media that is being queried (title, year, director, etc); the operator (Is, Is Not, etc) and the value that must be matched.
Set content to a particular videodb:// address provided by Kodi. For example, for recently added movies, videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/
4.1 Add a 'Recently Viewed' node
To add a new 'Recently Viewed' node which shows the last 20 watched items to an existing parent node:
- Open the Parent Node you wish to add the Recently Viewed node to
- Select 'New Node...' and give it the title 'Recently Viewed'
- Open the 'Recently Added' node you just added
- Select 'Add content...' and choose the content that matched the Parent Node you are using
- Select 'Add limit...' and type 20 in the dialog
- Select 'Add order...'
- Select 'Title' and change this to 'Last played'
- Select 'ascending' and change this to 'Descending'
- Back out of the 'Order' property by clicking '..' or pressing Back
4.2 Limit content by path
To add a new Parent Node which only shows movies from a particular path. (This presumes that differing types of media you want to display are kept in different sources. In this example, the source is smb://anime/)
- Select 'New parent node...'
- Type a title which corresponds to the type of media you want to display, for example 'Anime'
- Choose 'Movies' when asked which defaults to start with. This will give you all the nodes you will find under the default 'Movies' Parent Node
- Open the new Parent Node you just added
- Select 'Add Rules...'
- Select 'Title' and change to 'Path'
- Select 'contains' and change to 'starts with'
- Select '<No value>' and type in 'smb://anime/' OR select 'Browse for value', open the source containing your media and click OK.
All nodes within your new Parent Node will now be limited to content from that path.