Add-on:Library Node Editor
|Library Node Editor|
|Add-ons||Library Node Editor|
|Need help with this add-on? See here.|
Create and edit custom library nodes.
This add-on is installed from the Add-on browser located in Kodi as follows:
Anatomy of a Custom Node
Parent nodes act like folders - they contain nodes, and can contain parent nodes. You can also add rules to a parent node, which will be applied to all nodes immediately within it.
Nodes describe views of your media. They can include multiple elements which describe what media Kodi will display, and how it will filter it. A new node will let you set one of two parameters, either 'Content' or 'Path'. If you select 'Content', then you will be able to create a node based on various rules. If you select 'Path', you will be able to create a node which links directly to a library path with various path components specified within the editor.
Set content to the type of media that Kodi will display in this node. Either Movies, TV Shows, Episodes or Music Videos for a video node; Artists, Albums or Songs for a music node. Once content is set, new options become available.
Set the property of the media that it will be ordered by in the view. You can select the property (title, year, director, etc) and the direction that it will be ordered (ascending, descending)
Group media be a given property (genre, actor, director, etc)
Limit the number of results that will be returned
A rule that must be matched by any content that will be returned. Rules are made of three parts - the property of the media that is being queried (title, year, director, etc); the operator (Is, Is Not, etc) and the value that must be matched.
Set content to a particular videodb:// or musicdb:// address provided by Kodi. For example, for recently added movies, videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/. You will then be able to specify additional components of the path to customise what content will be available.
Add a 'Recently Viewed' node
To add a new 'Recently Viewed' node which shows the last 20 watched items to an existing parent node:
- Open the Parent Node you wish to add the Recently Viewed node to
- Select 'New Node...' and give it the title 'Recently Viewed'
- Open the 'Recently Added' node you just added
- Select 'Add content...' and choose the content that matched the Parent Node you are using
- Select 'Add limit...' and type 20 in the dialog
- Select 'Add order...'
- Select 'Title' and change this to 'Last played'
- Select 'ascending' and change this to 'Descending'
- Back out of the 'Order' property by clicking '..' or pressing Back
Limit content by path
To add a new Parent Node for video nodes which only shows movies from a particular path. (This presumes that differing types of media you want to display are kept in different sources. In this example, the source is smb://anime/)
- Select 'Video Library'
- Select 'New parent node...'
- Type a title which corresponds to the type of media you want to display, for example 'Anime'
- Choose 'Movies' when asked which defaults to start with. This will give you all the nodes you will find under the default 'Movies' Parent Node
- Open the new Parent Node you just added
- Select 'Add Rules...'
- Select 'Title' and change to 'Path'
- Select 'contains' and change to 'starts with'
- Select '<No value>' and type in 'smb://anime/' OR select 'Browse for value', open the source containing your media and click OK.
All nodes within your new Parent Node will now be limited to content from that path.