This is a list of third-party applications that may help you maintain and modify your media files. Just like Kodi, most of these applications are provided free of charge and survive on donations; please consider doing so.
1 Music tools
- Also known as EAC, this is an efficient audio CD ripper program that's easy-to-use and more intuitive than most others on the market. It handles imperfections with ease and is the ideal choice for an audiophile looking to digitize their disc collection.
- A powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit the metadata of audio files.
- A cross-platform music tagger written in Python with an easy-to-use interface and the ability to provide detailed, embedded ID3 tags for music files. Kodi has extensive support for the display and filtering of files with ID3 tags.
2 Video tools
- A free, cross-platform open source tool for creating and/or editing subtitles that makes it quick and easy to synchronize subtitles to audio and features many powerful tools for styling them and built-in, real-time video previews. Although it has not been in active development since 2014, there have been no changes to the formatting of subtitles in that time to make it any less useful.
- A free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It's perfect for quickly cutting commercials out of televised recordings.
- A video codec and container converter from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely-supported ones.
Your one-click solution to converting (more accurately, transcoding) the DVD and Blu-Ray discs that you own into free and DRM-unencumbered file formats that can be played everywhere.
- A free, open source editor for video subtitles.
3 Library managers
- Allows you to easily rename files and entire folders based upon extremely flexible criteria. Add date/timestamps, replace numbers, insert text, convert case, auto-number serial programming, process folders/subfolders...plus a whole lot more!
- The all-in-one media manager for Kodi on Windows.
Ember Media Manager on Kodi Forum
- The ultimate tool for organizing and renaming your movies, TV Shows and anime, as well as fetching subtitles and artwork for them; it's smart and just works.
- The original, free-to-use movie/television show manager and organizer that offers full Kodi integration.
Media Companion on Kodi Forum
- A free media manager built using the Qt graphical framework that can generate NFO files for movies and TV shows from scratch and directly manipulate Kodi's SQLite media library database. Artwork can be fetched from several sites and stored alongside the media files (when using NFOs) or directly in Kodi's thumbnail folder.
MediaElch on Kodi Forum
- A convenient, unified display of the most relevant technical and tag metadata for video and audio files.
- Converts audio files like MP3 and FLAC into the .mka audiobook format.
- A media management tool written in Java/Swing for movies, movie sets and TV shows that supports importing/exporting NFO files, downloading artwork and renaming media files themselves along with their corresponding NFOs and artwork in batches.
- A free tool to keep your TV and movie files organized each into their own folder trees with NFO files (created on-the-fly if not already present) and artwork, plus many other features such as movie collections, artwork scraping and TV Guide integration.