Jump to navigation Jump to search
Due to changes made by Apple, AirPlay support depends on what version of iOS your sending-device is using:
As of v11 (Eden), Kodi has very limited support for being an AirPlay target, allowing any device/platform that can run Kodi to receive some AirPlay content.
To enable the service go to
- and enable AirPlay
1 Features and known issues
- An AirPlay password can be optionally set.
- All platforms support video (without DRM, meaning videos downloaded from the iTunes store will not play in Kodi). Audio within the video will also work on all platforms.
- AirPlaying from some apps adds DRM which prevents Kodi from playing the video.
- All platforms support pictures.
- All platforms support music (with or without DRM).
- AirPlay mirroring is currently unsupported.
- AirPlaying music will show meta data (song/artist info, etc). Currently only works when AirPlaying from iTunes on a desktop computer. Also works when playing from iOS 8.3.
- Linux/Ubuntu users will need to install avahi-daemon:
sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon #(on Ubuntu)
- Linux/Arch users will need to install avahi and shairplay and start avahi-daemon service:
sudo pacman -S avahi shairplay #(on Arch) sudo systemctl enable avahi-daemon sudo systemctl start avahi-daemon
- Mac OS X needs no additional set-up.
- Windows users will need to install Bonjour (if you have iTunes installed then you will already have Bonjour): http://support.apple.com/kb/dl999
- Network, be sure that your router allow multicast traffic