1 cleanup discussion
I really think the remotes section needs some clarification. Most important is the need to clarify between remote types
1) Keyboard remotes are often low cost remotes that emulate a keyboard. These are often called WIndows media center remotes but are not
2) Real Windows Media Center remotes.
3) Remotes that emulate Joysticks such Perfect Choice" branded PS3 remote
4) Remotes supported under LIRC
I do not have all of the information to make the changes , but I can say that whay I am reading regarding editicng remote.xml makes little sense on my lirc supported Xbox 360 remote.
On another note the xbox360 remote in the remotes section is also quite ambiguous as there are Infra Red and RF remotes for xbox 360. I do not believe it is even mentioned.
SOmetimes having partial information misleads a user leading to frustration. I think a lot of clean up is needed here . If a noob were trying to support an XBOX360 IR remote on Raspberry Pi with GPIO IR receiver , I could see how a noob could be confused.
- Indeed. Eventually this should all be broken down and be more guide-like in the individual remote sections (once those are cleaned up too, haha). -- Ned Scott (talk) 19:20, 14 February 2014 (EST)