PSA: Our Wiki software is being updated to the latest version to fix the ReCaptcha issue. We request that no edits be made until this banner is removed. The wiki is still available for research purposes. Thankyou.
|Media sources||File sharing||SFTP|
Kodi ships with SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) (not to be confused with FTP) client support for accessing file shares.
You can also use SFTP as a way to connect to some Kodi devices, such as Kodibuntu.
1 Adding SFTP as a media source
- Add Videos
- Add network location
- Select SSH/SFTP from the protocol menu
- Complete other fields as required
2 Connecting to Kodibuntu via SFTP
Kodibuntu ships with Openssh server, making it easier to access your files via SSH/SFTP. Alternative installations that contain Openssh can also use the method below to connect.
Examples of SFTP clients
Connecting to Kodibuntu SFTP
During the installation of Kodibuntu you have to supply a username and a password. This username and password combination has to be used if you want to connect via SFTP
- Choose a SFTP client and open an instance
- Enter The Kodi box IP (using Filezilla e.g. sftp://192.168.1.254)
- Choose port 22
- For username the login name you chose during install
- For password the password you chose during install
During first time connecting you will see a security warning irrespective of client used.
Select OK or Yes