Jump to navigation Jump to search
Buildroot (BR) is a simple, efficient and easy-to-use tool to generate embedded Linux systems through cross-compilation: http://buildroot.uclibc.org/
It allows experienced embedded hackers to generate a custom/minimal kodi distribution.
- Buildroot will generate you Linux kernel and rootfs images so you have to know how to update these on your embedded board.
- As of 02/2015 kodi version integrated in BR is: 14.1-Helix
1.1 i.MX6 platforms
- Use BR 2015.05 (soon coming) version
- Options to activate:
- glibc toolchain
- Target packages ---> Hardware handling ---> -*- Freescale i.MX libraries ---> i.MX platform (imx6q) + imx-vpu + gpu-viv-bin-mx6q
- Target packages ---> Libraries ---> Multimedia ---> [*] libfslvpuwrap
- Target packages ---> Audio and video applications ---> [*] kodi ---> [*] alsa
- kodi is launched by default at boot
2.1 i.MX6 platforms
- don't forget to configure your Audio Output (up to 3 possible on i.MX6)
- A team developer (IRC Nickname: fritsch) advised to manually create ALSA config files for each output. Ex:  & . Otherwise you are not able to select Audio Output other than first/default one.
- one may ask why it's not already in mainline ALSA...
3 Known problems
- kodi doesn't handle tslib touchscreens correctly (/at all ?)
- even if ts_calibrate was done, pointer is still not calibrated when kodi is launched...
- kodi developpers seem to prefer use kodi internal ffmpeg instead of official one. BR uses official one by default.