21 Aug 2020 - The wiki is undergoing a major cleanup. If you arrived here from a search engine and cannot find the page, please use the wiki search instead (top right corner of page)
More info can be found on the forum
Archive:Alternative keymaps for Nyxboard
- See also: Archive:Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid
Alternative keymaps for the Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid remote, as suggested by the community.
The default keymap can be seen at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/keymaps/nyxboard/keyboard.xml
1 Installing keymaps
There are a few methods to load custom keymaps on Kodi.
1.1 File manager
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml) on the file share.
- Go to the File Manager in Kodi. For the default skin, Confluence, highlight the "System" tab and then select the submenu "File manager" option.
- Add the file share as a source in the "A" window, then navigate to where the keymap file is.
- In the "B" window go do the Profile directory which will be the userdata folder, then open the keymaps folder.
- Highlight the keymap file from the "A" window, then press menu, and then select copy. This will copy the selected keymap to the Fire TV's userdata folder.
- Now just restart Kodi to load the new keymap.
1.2 Copy directly to userdata folder
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml)
- Use a file manager of your choice, such as the one build into your OS, and copy this file to the userdata folder within the keymaps folder.
Operating system File path Android Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ (see note) iOS/tvOS /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/ LibreELEC /storage/.kodi/userdata/ Linux ~/.kodi/userdata/ OSMC /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/ Mac /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/ Windows %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata Windows UWP %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\
2 Keymap 1
- What it does
- Adds SMS-style letter jumping in video lists
- adds ContextMenu, FullScreen, ShowSubtitles, and Playlist to the colored buttons
- left does SmallStepBack (-7s) during video playback
- EPG button go to the Kodi EPG for PVR
- USER button queues selected items to current playlist
- Cut and paste the following into a new text document and save as keyboard.xml and place in
<keymap> <global> <keyboard name="Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid"> <f3 mod="shift">ContextMenu</f3> <!-- Red --> <f4 mod="shift">FullScreen</f4> <!-- Green --> <f5 mod="shift">ShowSubtitles</f5> <!-- Yellow --> <f6 mod="shift">Playlist</f6> <!-- Blue --> <f3>pvrguideinfo</f3> <f4>Queue</f4> </keyboard> </global> <FullscreenVideo> <keyboard name="Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid"> <left>seek(-7)</left> </keyboard> </FullscreenVideo> <MyVideoLibrary> <keyboard name="Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid"> <one>JumpSMS1</one> <two>JumpSMS2</two> <three>JumpSMS3</three> <four>JumpSMS4</four> <five>JumpSMS5</five> <six>JumpSMS6</six> <seven>JumpSMS7</seven> <eight>JumpSMS8</eight> <nine>JumpSMS9</nine> </keyboard> </MyVideoLibrary> </keymap>