Archive:Alternative keymaps for Nyxboard
- See also: Archive:Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid
Alternative keymaps for the Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid remote, as suggested by the community.
The default keymap can be seen at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/keymaps/nyxboard/keyboard.xml
1 Installing keymaps
There are a few methods to load custom keymaps on Kodi.
1.1 File manager
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml) on the file share.
- Go to the File Manager in Kodi. For the default skin, Confluence, highlight the "System" tab and then select the submenu "File manager" option.
- Add the file share as a source in the "A" window, then navigate to where the keymap file is.
- In the "B" window go do the Profile directory which will be the userdata folder, then open the keymaps folder.
- Highlight the keymap file from the "A" window, then press menu, and then select copy. This will copy the selected keymap to the Fire TV's userdata folder.
- Now just restart Kodi to load the new keymap.
1.2 Copy directly to userdata folder
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml)
- Use a file manager of your choice, such as the one build into your OS, and copy this file to the userdata folder within the keymaps folder.
The Userdata folder is a subfolder of the Kodi Data Folder and is located as shown in the table below.
|Operating system||Userdata Folder|
|Android||Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ (see note)|
|Nvidia Shield (SMB)||smb://<nvidiashieldurl>/internal/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata|
|Windows Portable||<Install location chosen by you>\portable_data\userdata\|
|Windows via Microsoft Store||%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\|
- Note: In some Android setups the path may be slightly different to the one stated above.
2 Keymap 1
- What it does
- Adds SMS-style letter jumping in video lists
- adds ContextMenu, FullScreen, ShowSubtitles, and Playlist to the colored buttons
- left does SmallStepBack (-7s) during video playback
- EPG button go to the Kodi EPG for PVR
- USER button queues selected items to current playlist
- Cut and paste the following into a new text document and save as keyboard.xml and place in
<keymap> <global> <keyboard name="Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid"> <f3 mod="shift">ContextMenu</f3> <!-- Red --> <f4 mod="shift">FullScreen</f4> <!-- Green --> <f5 mod="shift">ShowSubtitles</f5> <!-- Yellow --> <f6 mod="shift">Playlist</f6> <!-- Blue --> <f3>pvrguideinfo</f3> <f4>Queue</f4> </keyboard> </global> <FullscreenVideo> <keyboard name="Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid"> <left>seek(-7)</left> </keyboard> </FullscreenVideo> <MyVideoLibrary> <keyboard name="Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid"> <one>JumpSMS1</one> <two>JumpSMS2</two> <three>JumpSMS3</three> <four>JumpSMS4</four> <five>JumpSMS5</five> <six>JumpSMS6</six> <seven>JumpSMS7</seven> <eight>JumpSMS8</eight> <nine>JumpSMS9</nine> </keyboard> </MyVideoLibrary> </keymap>