This XBMC plugin enables (UK only) the playing of TV and Radio catchup content from the BBC IPlayer website. Live radio and TV feeds are also supported.
Development on this add-on has ceased. Users are advised to update to Kodi v19 "Matrix" and install the iPlayer WWW video add-on (plugin.video.iplayerwww), v4.0 or greater.
- TV streams supported: 512x288 [email protected], 640x360 [email protected], 832x468 [email protected] & 1280x720 [email protected]
- Radio streams support: Real, MP3 & AAC
Note: Not all streams are available for all episodes nor supported on all platforms
- This add-on doesn't work outside of the UK. The BBC iPlayer service ensures that only UK IP addresses can access iPlayer content.
- For Live TV a Windows or Linux build of at least SVN:21747 (2009-07-18) is required. For XBox support use a build of at least SVN:21819 .
- For Windows and Linux users some of the Radio streams don't work. XBMC on Windows and Linux does not support the rtsp:// protocol which is needed by some of the catchup and live radio streams.
- This add-on supports the Flash H.264 HD streams but needs an XBMC build, Windows or Linux, SVN:20015 or later. Configure video streams via the plugins settings.
- This add-on supports Flash H.264 800Kb streams on the XBox but needs at least a build SVN:20810.
- This add-on supports the Flash AAC radio streams but needs an XBMC build, Windows or Linux, SVN:20015 or later. Configure audio streams via the plugins settings.
Apple TV 2 (black)
The three release threads for this add-on on the Kodi forum contains a host of interesting information about using it. (Please search them first before posting, your issue may have already been addressed.)
- [REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script? (started Thu., Jun. 28th, 2007, 0858h)
- [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (started Tue., May 19th, 2009, 0428h)
- Release - iPlayer plugin v2.7.1 (new thread) (started Wed., Mar. 18th, 2015, 1231h)
Posts answering common questions
- I have the latest version of XBMC 9.04 and it doesn't play H.264 streams correctly
- When I select iPlayer in the menu it just lists the contents of that folder and install not working
- How do you use the Radio "Listen Live" feature on Windows or Linux?
- Video streaming not working - What country does the BBC believe you are in and here?
- Can I use this plugin to download rather than stream?
- All the streams are constantly buffering. It will play successfully for 20 seconds or so and then buffer for 20 seconds.
- Is the BBC application a xbmc plugin or script?
- How do I speed up the buffering for Radio programmes?
- Cache size for radio is too large
- iPlayer listings are not being updated/go stale
- Does the plugin support subtitles?
- Yes, just enable subtitles in the plugin settings.
- If you believe you have found a bug or would like to request a feature then create a new issue.
This project is based on a no longer maintained XBMC iPlayer project.
Thanks for all the hard work by the XBMC guys and to highlandsun for the new libRTMP functionality. Thanks to all those on the forums that have contributed patches, feedback and advice.