21 Aug 2020 - The wiki is undergoing a major cleanup. If you arrived here from a search engine and cannot find the page, please use the wiki search instead (top right corner of page)
More info can be found on the forum
Alternative keymaps for number pads
Alternative keymaps for the number pads, as suggested by the community. Allows a number pad to control Kodi.
1 Installing keymaps
There are a few methods to load custom keymaps on Kodi.
1.1 File manager
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml) on the file share.
- Go to the File Manager in Kodi. For the default skin, Confluence, highlight the "System" tab and then select the submenu "File manager" option.
- Add the file share as a source in the "A" window, then navigate to where the keymap file is.
- In the "B" window go do the Profile directory which will be the userdata folder, then open the keymaps folder.
- Highlight the keymap file from the "A" window, then press menu, and then select copy. This will copy the selected keymap to the Fire TV's userdata folder.
- Now just restart Kodi to load the new keymap.
1.2 Copy directly to userdata folder
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml)
- Use a file manager of your choice, such as the one build into your OS, and copy this file to the userdata folder within the keymaps folder.
Operating system File path Android Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ (see note) iOS/tvOS /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/ LibreELEC /storage/.kodi/userdata/ Linux ~/.kodi/userdata/ OSMC /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/ Mac /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/ Windows %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata Windows UWP %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\
2 Keymap 1
- What it does
- 0 - OSD
- 1 - Stop
- 2 - Down
- 3 - BigStepBack (-10m or last chapter)
- 4 - Left
- 5 - Select
- 6 - Right
- 7 - Kodi Home screen
- 8 - Up
- 9 - BigStepForward (+10m or next chapter)
- / - StepBack (-30s)
- * - StepForward (+30s)
- . (period) - Info
- NumLock - Play/Pause
- + - Volume Up
- - - Volume Down
- BackSpace - Back
- Enter - Select
- Cut and paste the following into a new text document and save as keyboard.xml and place in
<keymap> <global> <keyboard> <numpadzero>OSD</numpadzero> <numpadone>Stop</numpadone> <numpadtwo>Down</numpadtwo> <numpadthree>BigStepBack</numpadthree> <numpadfour>Left</numpadfour> <numpadfive>Select</numpadfive> <numpadsix>Right</numpadsix> <numpadseven>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</numpadseven> <numpadeight>Up</numpadeight> <numpadnine>BigStepForward</numpadnine> <numpaddivide>StepBack</numpaddivide> <!-- my numpad divide shows up as "forwardslash" --> <forwardslash>StepBack</forwardslash> <numpadtimes>StepForward</numpadtimes> <numpadperiod>Info</numpadperiod> <numlock>PlayPause</numlock> <!-- + and - handle the volume by default --> <!-- BackSpace is "back" by default --> <!-- Enter is "select" by default --> </keyboard> </global> </keymap>