Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons
This add-on has been marked as unsupported or banned from discussion. This means it has been banned from our forum, website, IRC channels and any social media that is associated, or under the control from Team XBMC or the XBMC Foundation.
First offenders won't be banned, obviously. We understand that not everyone sees the rules link when they come to the forums or wiki pages. However failing to comply with the regulations, can in the end result in a permanent ban from the mentioned websites or social media after several warnings. Should you require help for these add-ons, you should contact the website or forum you received them from.
There could be several reasons for the add-on to be banned as listed below.
1 Piracy Policy
- All discussions dealing directly with or linking to add-ons, websites, or services that violate US copyright laws ("pirated content") will be closed when a forum moderator has been made aware of them. The original poster or add-on creator may provide a link to a website not hosted by XBMC for further discussion and inquiries.
- Discussions for add-ons that link directly to pirated content and enables the user to access that content through the add-on will be shut down.
- All links to pirated content will be removed.
- "Pirated content" add-ons, websites, and services typically do not include the following (to be determined on a case-by-case basis if necessary):
- A. The add-on does not actually perform the act of accessing pirated content ("mistaken identity") [For example, Sickbeard, which performs no actual downloading or streaming.]
- B. The add-on has the potential to access pirated content, but is potentially useful for downloading legal content as well. [For example, an add-on that downloads torrents is not, itself, a problem, since a torrent can cover a wide variety content, including legally distributed videos.]
- C. The add-on links/accesses content in a similar way to a normal web browser. This is done under the assumption that if the content owner did not want the content streamed, the owner should have not made the content available to be streamed in their site. [For example, the Bluecop Repository.]
- D. The add-on accesses content with permission of the content owner, the content is "copyleft", or the add-on accesses content without the clear disapproval of the content owner. XBMC will do its best to comply with DMCA-related takedown requests.
- Thread originators or add-on developers may petition Forum Moderators to re-open a thread that was closed if he or she believes one of the above exceptions applies.
- Fair use exceptions apply for issues such as small video samples for testing and debugging, fanart and related artwork, video and audio summaries, subtitles, etc.
- These rules apply only to the forum. They do not apply to the XBMC Addon Repository. At no point will any user be prevented from using XBMC Media Center as they so choose, nor will they be prevented from adding additional Addons not in the XBMC Addon Repository or additional add-on repositories.
2 Inappropriate content
- Content of said add-on has been deemed inappropriate and therefore banned from discussion.