|Media sources||File sharing||SFTP|
Kodi ships with SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) (not to be confused with FTP) client support for accessing file shares.
You can also use SFTP as a way to connect to some Kodi devices, such as Kodibuntu.
1 Adding SFTP as a media source
- Add Videos
- Add network location
- Select SSH/SFTP from the protocol menu
- Complete other fields as required
2 Connecting to Kodibuntu via SFTP
Kodibuntu ships with Openssh server, making it easier to access your files via SSH/SFTP. Alternative installations that contain Openssh can also use the method below to connect.
Examples of SFTP clients
Connecting to Kodibuntu SFTP
During the installation of Kodibuntu you have to supply a username and a password. This username and password combination has to be used if you want to connect via SFTP
- Choose a SFTP client and open an instance
- Enter The Kodi box IP (using Filezilla e.g. sftp://192.168.1.254)
- Choose port 22
- For username the login name you chose during install
- For password the password you chose during install
During first time connecting you will see a security warning irrespective of client used.
Select OK or Yes