|Video library||Live TV|
This section covers topics and guides on how to watch TV content in XBMC, including Live TV with video recording (DVR/PVR) functions, internet content, and more.
- PVR <- The main PVR/DVR and Live TV guide.
- Add-on:TV Guide - An add-on that allows users to mix real TV guide sources (xml, etc) with streaming sources, including those from local TV tuners such as the HDHomerun.
- Add-on:PseudoTV - Similar to the TvGuide add-on, but a bit more powerful and with more options. The main AIM of the add-on is to make "virutual" channels from your existing local content, but it can be used with real TV guide sources (xml, etc) and streaming sources, including those from local TV tuners such as HDHomerun.
- Add-on:Eye TV - An add-on alternative to the PVR features in XBMC, used for EyeTV software on Mac OS X. Watch live TV, schedule recordings, watch recordings, etc.
- Add-on:Njoy Live TV - An add-on alternative to the PVR features in XBMC, used for NJoy hardware. Watch live TV, schedule recordings, watch recordings, etc. Consider also checking out the PVR options, which have a dedicated Njoy PVR backend client.
- Add-on:MythBox - An add-on alternative to the PVR feature in XBMC, used for MythTV. Watch live TV, schedule recordings, watch recordings, etc.
- Add-on:Enigma-TV - If you have an Enigma / Dreambox device, you can stream, control, and share Dreambox content over Internet. Requires Enigma TV server installed on a Windows computer.
- HDHomeRun - A standalone network tuner that can be used in various ways with XBMC, including easy UPnP viewing, full PVR, etc.
- Category:Video add-ons - XBMC has several add-ons that offer access to official TV sources, such as network websites and Hulu, for access to recent TV show content. While most of these are not "Live", some do provide live content.
- Edit decision list - An edit decision list (EDL) contains information about edits that should be made to the video during playback. Edit decision list information is contained in a separate file to the video that is read by XBMC Media Center just before the video is played. Examples of use include can be to skip commercials, cut out content inappropriate for children, or skip over the half hour acid trip in 2001: A Space Odyssey .