HDHomeRun is made by SiliconDust and is a stand-alone networked TV/HDTV tuner box. The HDHomeRun can either connect with over the air TV signals or with cablecard, and then stream the channels over a network to supported clients, such as XBMC/Kodi.
1 HDHomeRun add-on
Silicon Dust has released an official HDHomeRun add-on for their later models (Prime, Connect, Extend) that automatically handles setting up and viewing the HDHomeRun directly in Kodi, complete with an EPG (electronic programming guide). This add-on can be installed from the official Kodi add-on repo.
Newer HDHome Run devices can act as UPnP/DLNA servers, which allow setting up in Kodi to be as easy as adding a normal UPnP file source.
2.1 Video guides
- Setting up the HDHome Run Prime and Raspberry Pi for cable TV in the US
3 PVR/Live TV
The HDHome Run can be used in several PVR backends for full PVR features, including TV guides/EPGs, scheduled recordings, and more.
4 External Links
- HDHomeRun official website at SiliconDust
- SiliconDust Support Forum for HDHomeRun
- SiliconDust support forum for XBMC
- XBMC Community Forum discussion - Native support for HDHomeRun (Networked Digital Cable TV/HDTV Tuner)
- HDHomeRun ToolBox for Linux Project
- Using HDHomeRun Prime with Raspberry Pi for live cable TV viewing