Add-on:RTL-SDR FM Radio Client
This page or section is incomplete. Please add information or correct uncertain data which is marked with a ?
|RTL-SDR FM Radio Client|
|Add-ons||RTL-SDR FM Radio Client|
|Need help with this add-on? See here.|
FM Radio receiver based upon RTL-SDR as PVR addon for Kodi. FM Radio with RDS receiver based upon RTL-SDR as PVR addon for Kodi. With this you can turn your Realtek RTL2832 based DVB dongle into a FM radio receiver.
FM Radio receiver based upon RTL-SDR as PVR addon for Kodi. This add-on to receive FM-Radio with RDS on very cheap USB DVB-T stick relies on RTL SDR FM Streamer software which is a small tool to stream FM radio by using a DVB-T dongle to a client e.g Kodi, (or VLC, or MPlayer for that matter). Operation is complete performed inside CPU which allow a lot of features, but also requires a lot of CPU performance.
The DVB-T dongle has to be based on the Realtek RTL2832U hardware chip. See http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr for more RTL SDR details.
This addon interfaces with RTL-SDR supported receivers with Realtek RTL2832U as source (see http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr) to make FM radio signal receive and send the audio stream in float format to Kodi and send also RDS signal translated to UECP in it.
Add-on is usable since Kodi 15.0 and RDS support first came with version 16.0 of Kodi.
Note! On linux make sure the kernel part dvb_usb_rtl28xxu for DVB-T is not loaded, otherwise is it not usable for RTL-SDR!
3 See also
4 External Links
- Website: http://esmasol.de/open-source/kodi-add-on-s/fm-radio-receiver/
- Source code: https://github.com/AlwinEsch/pvr.rtl.radiofm
- Kodi forum: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=21474
- OpenELEC thread: http://openelec.tv/forum/126-3rd-party/75537-fm-radio-receiver-for-kodi-for-the-raspberry-pi-1
- Raspberrypi.org thread: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=122372