Add-on:Emby for Kodi
|Emby for Kodi|
|Add-ons||Emby for Kodi|
|Need help with this add-on? See here.|
The Emby addon for Kodi combines the best of Kodi - ultra smooth navigation, beautiful UIs and playback of any file under the sun, and Emby - the most powerful fully open source multi-client media metadata indexer and server.
Emby is a media management server that allows you to synchronize media libraries, watched status, and watch progress between compatible devices. Emby for Kodi allows Kodi to use Emby as a media management back-end. This add-on effectively replaces the Kodi built-in media database with Emby. Supported media includes movies, series, music and more.
A quick intro video:
2 Setting up your Emby server
2.1 Basic Setup
- Download and install Emby for your desired operating system: https://emby.media/download/
- Open the Emby web interface @ http://[server ip address]:8096
- Follow the instructions as prompted
- Enable path substitution in your Emby server: Emby Path Substitution Wiki
2.2 Optional: Plugins
- Installation of Emby plugins (Add-ons) is done from the Emby web interface
- Navigate to http://[server ip address]:8096/web/dashboard.html
- Select Plugins from the left side
- Select Catalog from within the right side of the window
- Scroll down to general and select the desired pugin to install it.
2.2.1 Useful Emby Plugins
- Emby for Kodi Sync Queue: This plugin will speed up the media sync done by kodi on every startup
- Auto-Box Set: Automatically organizes Movies into sets (collections in Emby), based on data from themoviedb.org
- Trakt.tv: Sync's watched status between Emby and trakt.tv
- Disable Trakt.tv add-on from all kodi installs, if this is used.
- For further information or a more detailed explanation of the installation process, please see the Emby Official Wiki page
3 Installing Emby for Kodi
Step 1: Download the Emby repository.
Step 2: Open Kodi.
- At this point Emby for Kodi is installed and it has connected to your Emby server. You should see the progress of the import from Emby into the Kodi database.
4 Configuring Emby for Kodi Add-on
- Navigate to System > Add-ons > My add-ons > Video add-ons
- Open Emby
- Select Configure
View the Emby for Kodi settings here: Settings Details
5 Bug and issue report
6 Emby Shortcuts on the Kodi Home Screen
Basic knowledge will help you for most skins. The add-on will automatically tag your content by Emby library name and recreate your them as Video Nodes and Playlists.
Step 1: Step "Simple"
- Your only job as a user is to add the Emby library shortcuts created for you to your Home Screen.