Edit decision list
Currently only supports MPlayer, scenemarker (like for commercial skipping) and chapter file support. Automaticly skipping/muting from the cutpoint.
Support for SceneMarkers for the following formats:
- EDL (Edit Decision List) - type '3' for scenemarkers
- EDL format 1 53.00 3 and 2 300.12 3 addition for a scenemarker.
- ComSkip .txt (with framerate, like Comskip generates)
- SnapStream Beyond TV Smart Chapters (a.k.a. smartskip)
- Automatically adjust seeking so cutpoints are skipped
3 SnapStream Smart Chapters
SnapStream Beyond TV Smart Chapters (a.k.a. smartskip)
4 EDL (Edit Decision List)
The EDL format addition for a scenemarker is: 1 53.00 3 2 300.12 3
The first number is the scene number (not used yet), the second the seek value in seconds, the third is the 'scene marker' type indicator. The scenemarker is not passed to mplayer, only used as internal data format.
- Support for SceneMarkers seeking, added keycode.
- added 'edl:n:b:e:s to video status screen, with the following meaning:
- n: no edl/scenemarkers
- b: edl and scenemarkers
- s: scenemarkers
- e: edl
5 Untested stuff
The following is implemented, but untested and not used yet:
- Automatically create Bookmarks for every SceneMarker (might be usefull,
but commercial detection software can generate a lot of scenemarkers).
- Reading of 'VDR' format, because it's not very well specified.
6 Not implemented yet
- Compensation for cutpoint when movie length is unknown and percentage seeking is used.
- Visual cutpoints/scenemarkers on video progress bar.
- Add EDL support to DVD player core.
7 Possible issues
- The readers now stop reading at the first format error, and invalidate the EDL. This might be a problem for showanalyzer, I get a lot of strange format errror with this tool. Comskip output is fine.
- Should one be able to go to a scenemarker inside a cutpoint? For now, you can.
- Mplayer sometimes seems to ignore search parameters, see Bug-report #1803075. Since the new functionality is a superset of the old situation, the code is realeased anyway.
8 Possible future expansions
- Read other scene marker formats, like DVD authoring formats, so DVD-Rips can have the original Scene markers. Maybe convert these to bookmarks with pictures?
- Read other EDL/chapter file formats