|| Need help with this add-on? See here.
To install this add-on you must do so from the Add-on manager from within Kodi by going to
- The home screen
- PVR clients
- DVBViewer Client
DVBViewer Client is a Kodi PVR add-on for the DVBViewer Recording Service, being fully compatible with the upcoming version 2 (now called DVBViewer Media Server), supporting live and timeshifted TV playback (also for scrambled channels), EPG, instant and (EPG-)scheduled (via one-shot and repeating timers) recordings.
For more information about DVBViewer Recording Service, please see PVR/Backend/DVBViewer.
3 Installing DVBViewer PVR backend software
Please see PVR/Backend/DVBViewer
4 Connecting Kodi to DVBViewer Recording Service
- Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled add-ons -> PVR Clients and select the DVBViewer Client add-on
- Select "Configure"
- By default, you should only need to fill in DVBViewer Recording Service IP address.
- DVBViewer Recording Service IP address
- The hostname or IP address of the server where DVBViewer Recording Service is installed and running. If on the same machine then 'localhost' or 127.0.0.1 can be used.
- Webinterface Port
- Port of Recording Service Webinterface
- Username / Password
- Login credentials for the Recording Service Webinterface
5 Live TV
- Use favourites instead of channel list
- Display channels of favourites file instead of whole list. Small favourites list speeds up startup time.
- Use local favourites file
- Allows to specify a local favourites file. If not specified the remote (stored on the Recording Service Host) will be used.
- Enable Timeshift
- Enable or disable timeshift support.
- Timeshift buffer path
- The path to the timeshift buffer file. If you watch a channel for a long time you might run out of disk space (depends on your free space). Switching channel will truncate the file.
- Group Recordings
- Group by recording directory, recording date, first letter, tv channel or series
7 Advanced Settings
- Put outline (e.g. subtitles) before plot
- Some skins don't display the outline so some EPG information is hidden. Values are: Never, In EPG only, In recordings only, Always
- Enable low performance mode
- Disables loading of channel logos and recording thumbnails. Use on low performance devices such as the Raspberry Pi
- Enable transcoding
- If enabled, Recording Service will encode the video stream on the fly to some other format. Setting specifies the container format and can be either TS, WebM or FLV.
- Transcoding URL parameters
- URL parameters to be passed to the Recording Service transcoding API. For example to specify the ffmpeg preset (e.g preset=medium 768 kbit&subs=1). See transcoding_params_en.txt for all supported URL parameters.
Code for the client is available here: https://github.com/manuelm/pvr.dvbviewer/
Please submit bug reports here: https://github.com/manuelm/pvr.dvbviewer/issues
10 See also
11 External Links