OS X remote dashboard widget
|Supplemental tools||OS X remote dashboard widget|
Kodi Remote Dashboard Widget is a Mac OS X Dashboard widget for controlling Kodi. It was originally based on the Boxee widget made by Lot49 (lot49.org), then later updated and modified by Topfjoer and grantrutherford.
2 Source code
3 Forum help
For more info see Kodi Remote Dashboard Widget on the Kodi forums
- Remote control through both the widget buttons AND your keyboard!
- Auto-detection of Kodi's virtual keyboard. The widget then automatically shows a text field.
- Start Kodi via SSH (for Linux targets)
- Play a YouTube video link: Drag and drop link or paste link (needs YouTube add-on)
- Exit Kodi: Fn+Backspace
5 Set up
In the settings pane:
- Fill in the correct ip-address of the computer you're running Kodi on.
- If necessary, change the port number. This widget now uses the WebSocket, NOT the HTTP port! Usually, this value should be kept at default (9090).
- In Kodi: Finally, do not forget to enable "Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi" in "System settings> Services > Remote control"