Natethomas was voting admin, as his seat was not up for re-election.
2 Nomination notice
The following notice posted on the Team Kodi private forum, and linked to in an e-mail to all Foundation members, to give due notice about the election and to collect nominations. The Foundation bylaws state that at least ten days must be given for a notice about member decisions such as an election, which served as the nomination period.
- 2016-10-17 "Nominations for XBMC Foundation Board", as written by natethomas
Hi everybody, it's October, which means it's time for elections again. This year board member seats up for election are: FernetMenta and mkortstiege.
Seats not up for election are Martijn, Montellese, and Natethomas (me).
The rules are pretty simple:
1. Any team member can nominate.
2. You're allowed to re-nominate.
3. The nominated member has to accept his nomination.
4. Only foundation members will be able to vote.*
5. If a person has been nominated, please don't nominate again.
Please make sure to keep your nominations simple and clear. Eg:
In case you're nominated, please reply with ..
I accept my nomination.
No, thanks. I do not accept my nomination.
I'll update the second post in this thread with a list of members and the nomination status on a regular basis, so you don't have to crawl through all posts/pages to check.
The nomination period is 10 days from 2016/10/1. After that i'll setup the actual vote.
- Anyone who has been added to the team since 2015/9/15 should also check out this thread. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=292745 If you'd like to vote in the election, you need to be accepted as a foundation member and affirm the by-laws of the foundation.
Voting started on October 17th 2016 and ended on October 26th 2016 using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service with a ranking scale, http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/civs
Individual e-mail addresses from Foundation members were entered into the CIVS ballot and mailed each Foundation member with a unique voting key url. This also served as the notice for the start of the voting period.
A second notice was given out outside of the CVIS system in order to reduce the chance of someone accidentally not receiving a voting notice. Voting notices can be sent out again, but voting keys are generated based on e-mail addresses and thus prevent double voting.
The following description was used for the ballot:
You're voting for 2 candidates to join the XBMC Foundation board alongside Nathan (natethomas), Martijn (martijn), and Sascha (montellese), whose appointments last for another 12 months. Each of the people below have been nominated and have accepted their nomination.
The 2 candidates that receive the highest support will join the board for a period of 2 years.
Good luck to the candidates.
- Final list of confirmed nominees
33 Foundation members voted. The top two ranked become board members effective December 23rd, 2014. Mkortstiege and FernetMenta were elected as new board members.
- fritsch (Not defeated in any contest vs. another choice)
- kib, loses to keith by 16–8
- fernetmenta, loses to kib by 17–14
- mkortstiege, loses to fernetmenta by 15–13
- jjd-uk, loses to mkortstiege by 15–12
- phil65, loses to jjd-uk by 13–12
- pike, loses to phil65 by 18–9