Kodi uses add-ons to provide weather information. You can select from various global and regional weather add-ons and customize various location options.
The installation of a Weather add-on is required if you would like to have the weather displayed within the Kodi interface. The settings page for Weather can be accessed through either of two methods, both of which access the same settings page as shown in the following images.
- If there is no Weather add-on installed, select Weather from the Main menu, or
- Use the Settings menu to access the Weather Settings page.
You can install a Weather add-on from the Add-ons menu or the Settings menu, neither presents any major advantages over the other. If you wish to use the Settings menu, the process would follow these basic steps:
- Access the Weather Settings page by first selecting Services then the Weather menu. (See Image 1.)
- Then select Service for weather information. (See Image 1.)
- If no add-ons are listed, select Get more... (See Image 2.)
- From the Get more... screen, select your preferred provider. (See Image 3.)
- Once you have selected a Weather add-on to install, enter the Settings option shown in Image 1 (no longer disabled once a Weather add-on is installed and available for use) and enter the required location and service details.
- Upon completion, you will be able to access the complete weather information from the Kodi main menu and see it displayed more compactly on various pages throughout Kodi according to the skin you're using.
To change between Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature units go to, then select your location under Region default format or change the Temperature unit setting directly to your preference.
The default skin Estuary, as well as other skins, support fanart backgrounds that can be installed from the Official add-on repository. Other skins may additionally support a user's own collection of weather fanart.
To install a weather fanart pack in Estuary, go toand select Choose weather fanart pack. If none are available, you can once again use the Get more... button to download some.
Estuary only uses the default installed weather icons pack and there is no option to change this. Other skins may have the option to change weather icons. These can be installed either from the skins settings pages or activating a new icon pack from.
Installing either of these may require a restart of Kodi if they do not display immediately.