|PVR||Recording software||Watchtv PVR|
WatchTV is an open source TV streaming backend.
It works on linux and is designed to be user friendly.
It is compatible with DVB networks, see PVR_recording_software to check the networks available in your country.
1 Setup - server side
The server side is where the tuner is physically attached.
- If you are running Debian / Raspbian / Ubuntu, follow the quick installation guide
- For any other linux distribution, follow the manual installation guide
2 Setup - kodi
You can install kodi on the same machine, or on any machine with network access to the server
- Install Add-on:IPTV Simple Client
- Configure the addon using screenshots below
- Then restart Kodi and you should be ready to watch tv