|Live TV and PVR Setup Guide:|
Tvheadend is a TV streaming server for Linux supporting DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T, ATSC, IPTV, and Analog video (V4L) as input sources and can be used as a PVR backend of XBMC.
Tvheadend does not currently support Timeshifting or live rewind, however all other PVR functions should work without issue.
1 Preinstalled options
The following XBMC/OS distributions come with Tvheadend already installed, or easily installed as an option. These are great one-stop solutions that can greatly simplify the installation of the backend, as well as various other benefits unique to those distros.
- OpenELEC - In addition to coming with Tvheadend software and a Tvheadend XBMC PVR add-on, OpenELEC has both current XBMC v12 builds (with native PVR support) as well as special XBMC v11 PVR builds.
2 Installing Tvheadend
- Most Debian and Ubuntu installations can take advantage of the standard APT installation methods for getting Tvheadend installed, either using a GUI package manager, or from the command line using "
apt-get install tvheadend".
- For more info, see: https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/projects/tvheadend/wiki/Download
- Raspberry Pi
- The easiest way to get Tvheadend on the Raspberry Pi is to use OpenELEC or Raspbmc. You can also use the Arch Linux ARM instructions below if you are using Arch Linux ARM on the R-Pi.
- Arch Linux ARM (Pogoplug, Dockstar, etc)
- See: PVR/Backend/Tvheadend/ALARM
- Synology NAS
- You can install Tvheadend from the Syno Community repo through the DiskStation Manager: http://www.synocommunity.com/repository
3 Tvheadend quick start guide
- For help with those features see #Additional guides and links.
|1.||Make sure Tvheadend is up and running (see here for details: https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/projects/tvheadend/wiki/Install_and_initial_setup )|
|2.||All configuration is done in a web browser. If you are on the same machine that Tvheadend is installed then point your browser to http://localhost:9981 . If you are on a different machine than Tvheadend, then point your browser to http://IP.ADDRESS.GOES.HERE:9981 , where IP.ADDRESS.GOES.HERE = the IP address of the machine that Tvheadend is installed on. For example: http://192.168.0.3:9981|
If your tuner hardware is not detected or is having issues, check http://linuxtv.org for driver support.
|6.||http://linuxtv.org for driver support).|
|7.||#Connecting XBMC to Tvheadend".|
4 Connecting XBMC to Tvheadend
- Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled add-ons -> PVR Clients and select the Tvheadend add-on
- Select "Configure"
- By default, you should only need to fill in Tvheadend hostname or IP address.
|Next step:||Configuring XBMC|
- Tvheadend website - https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/projects/tvheadend
- Tvheadend backend for XBMC support forum - http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=168
- Using HDHomeRun products with Tvheadend - https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/boards/14/topics/3368