Template:Keymap install instructions
There are a few methods to load custom keymaps on Kodi.
1 File manager
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml) on the file share.
- Go to the File Manager in Kodi. For the default skin, Confluence, highlight the "System" tab and then select the submenu "File manager" option.
- Add the file share as a source in the "A" window, then navigate to where the keymap file is.
- In the "B" window go do the Profile directory which will be the userdata folder, then open the keymaps folder.
- Highlight the keymap file from the "A" window, then press menu, and then select copy. This will copy the selected keymap to the Fire TV's userdata folder.
- Now just restart Kodi to load the new keymap.
2 Copy directly to userdata folder
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml)
- Use a file manager of your choice, such as the one build into your OS, and copy this file to the userdata folder within the keymaps folder.
The Userdata folder is a subfolder of the Kodi Data Folder and is located as shown in the table below.
|Operating system||Userdata Folder|
|Android||Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ (see note)|
|Windows Portable||<Install location chosen by you>\portable_data\userdata\|
- Note: In some Android setups the path may be slightly different to the one stated above.