Template:Keymap install instructions
There are a few methods to load custom keymaps on Kodi.
1 File manager
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml) on the file share.
- Go to the File Manager in Kodi. For the default skin, Confluence, highlight the "System" tab and then select the submenu "File manager" option.
- Add the file share as a source in the "A" window, then navigate to where the keymap file is.
- In the "B" window go do the Profile directory which will be the userdata folder, then open the keymaps folder.
- Highlight the keymap file from the "A" window, then press menu, and then select copy. This will copy the selected keymap to the Fire TV's userdata folder.
- Now just restart Kodi to load the new keymap.
2 Copy directly to userdata folder
- Save the keymap you want to use as a plain text file as "keymap.xml" (it can be anything as long as it ends in .xml)
- Use a file manager of your choice, such as the one build into your OS, and copy this file to the userdata folder within the keymaps folder.
Operating system File path Android Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ (see note) iOS /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/ Linux ~/.kodi/userdata/ Mac /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/ (see note) LibreELEC/OpenELEC /storage/.kodi/userdata/ Windows Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata - press <Enter> Windows UWP %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\