Jump to navigation Jump to search
This lists both New Features and noticeable changes in behaviour.
- Feature -Skip steps (additive skipping/seeking) - Skip steps as implemented in Kodi is a method of additive skipping (also known as additive seeking) that applies to both videos and music, it allows you to skip backwards and forwards with the left and right cursor keys (this is the default keyboard and remote mapping), and by pressing these keys multiple times you can skip with increasingly larger steps.
- Feature - ATSC Closed Captions - uses the CEA-608 and CEA-708 standards common in North America.
- Feature - UPnP external subtitles - where you have video files that do not contain subtitles so subtitles are provided by means of a seperate subtitle file, both the video and external subtitles can now be sent over UPnP (previously only subtitles embedded in the video container worked).
- Change - Music keymap - while in full screen music visualisation pressing the select/ok button will now show the OSD, previously this action would show the visualisation preset list, changed to keep consistancy between music and video section.
- Feature - 3D video playlist switching - if you have a video playlist made up of a mix of 2D & 3D files then previously the 3D mode switch would only kick in if the first file was 3D, now we can properly transition from 2D to 3D and 3D to 2D at any point in the playlist.
- Feature - Re-Touched skin PVR - The Re-Touched skin now supports PVR
- Feature - Accessibility settings section - A new Accessibility section in the Settings has been added to provide a one window area to provide settings for the visually and hearing impaired.
- Feature - Android de-interlacing - A method of de-interlacing using BOB has been added to Android, this should improve Live TV quality.
- Change - Don't hardware decode SD MPEG video - Since SD MPEG video is trivial for most modern chipsets running Android these types of files/streams will no longer be hardware decoded as some files/streams can cause issues with hardware decoders.
- Feature - Amlogic HEVC support - Support for hardware decoding HEVC for the Amlogic ARM chipsets in Android.
- Feature - Amlogic 4K support - Support for hardware decoding 4K for the Amlogic ARM chipsets in Android.