Media Flags are icons at Kodi that displays the meta-information from the media file of a movie, TV show or music title.
2 Flag types and where they come from
Kodi tries to read the meta information from the media file, after it was added to the Library.
This meta information can be queried by the built-in InfoLabels in order to display it in the skin.
Example-code for a resolution-flag in Confluence:
<control type="image"> <description>Video rez Image</description> <width>55</width> <height>35</height> <aspectratio align="right">keep</aspectratio> <texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution,flagging/video/,.png]</texture> </control>
2.1 Video flags
The category video flags provides images for the following properties:
2.2 Audio flags
The category audio flags provides images for the following properties: e.g.
2.3 Media source
Most skins have flags for the video source of a media file. This information are obtained from the the filename or the directory name.
Media can be flagged with following media source flags for Confluence (Kodi's default skin):
- DVD, if the filename contains DVD.
- Bluray, if the filename contains BLURAY, BRRIP, BD25, or BD50.
- HDDVD, if the filename contains HDDVD.
- TV, if the filename contains HDTV, PDTV, or DSR.
- VHS, if the filename contains VHS.
As an alternative you can set your folder structure to fit the keywords above:
- C:\Videos\DVDR\Movie1... on Windows
- /mnt/dev1/videos/bluray/movie1 on Linux
2.4 Custom flags
Most skins also have the ability to show media flags from InfoLabels that come not from the media file itself. These pieces of information are provided by the scraper that was used to scan the file to the library and can be:
- Movie Studio: WarnerBros., 20th Century Fox, Universal ...
- TV Channel/Network: HBO, ABC, FOX ...
- Rating: MPAA, FSK, UK-Rating ...
2.5 Special notes
- Some file types (e.g. .iso) have to be played one time, before the media flags appear in the database
- You can change the kind of media flag regardless of the file by editing the table streamdetails in the Kodi database
3 See also