Mac OS X
|Devices||Mac OS X|
|Read this page and still need help? Check out the XBMC for Mac OS X support forum.|
XBMC for Mac runs natively on Mac OS X. Mac OS X can provide hardware video decoding for H.264 and MPEG2 video, though most CPUs are able to software decode other formats in 1080 as well. Macs can use the Apple TV remote, among others, for control of XBMC. An Intel Mac running OS X 10.6 or higher is required for XBMC.
1 Main topics
Other Mac-specific wiki pages for topics, guides, and advice. For everything else, standard XBMC pages will normally apply.
- HOW-TO:Install XBMC for Mac
- XBMC for Mac specific FAQ
- Supplemental tools/Mac OS X
- Developing XBMC for Mac
- Kodi v17 requires Mac OS X 10.8 or later.
- Kodi v18 (and its nightlies) will at least require 10.9)
- All hardware requirements are the same as those for OS X 10.8. If your computer can run OS X 10.8 or later then your hardware should work just fine with Kodi.
3 Device specific info
- x86 hardware (desktops, mini PCs, etc)
4 Random notes
Feel free to place various notes, tips, and links here. As this section of the wiki gets more organized, those notes will be properly sorted. Consider this like a dumping ground for when you're not sure where to put something.
- firewall pop up issue - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=1604493#pid1604493