Live TV Artwork
|Artwork||Live TV Artwork|
The Live TV section of Kodi provides the facility to view Terrestrial TV through Kodi. This allows you to view your local TV stations as though you were using a standalone Television or a TIVO type device. You are able to view Live TV, Freeview type Program Guides, Record programs through Timer Rules and watch the recorded programs all without ever leaving Kodi.
Kodi provides the ability to insert the Logo of your TV Stations which then becomes visible in the program guide, on-screen displays and all channel listings, making it easy to distinguish each channel.
The two following images show some of the uses of the TV Logos.
The following are the two methods for sourcing and applying logos in Kodi.
2 Source Logos
Sourcing TV Station Logos is relatively simple. Some commonly used methods to source logos are:
- Google Image search
- Download from the official site of the TV Station
- Download from TheLogoDB Website
- Create your own logos
3 Saving Logos
Once you have sourced your logos, they must be saved to your local hard drive. The images must conform to the image requirements detailed in the following two tables.
Note: The Aspect Ratios should be maintained as the image fields within skins are not adjustable. Using incorrect ratios may lead to stretching, squashing or cropping of your logos.
Required file properties:
Note: The resolution may be increased but ensure the aspect ratio is maintained
|File Type||Aspect Ratio||Resolution- recommended|
Naming and Saving conventions for your own manually sourced logos:
|Channel Name||File Name||Save name & location example|
|Exactly as displayed in the channel guide||TEN HD.png||A location that is accessible to Kodi|
3.1 Loading Logos- Auto
The following is based on NextPVR
Kodi can scan your nominated Channel Logo folder for logos. If the logo filenames correctly match the TV channel, Kodi will automatically apply the logo.
3.2 Loading Logos- Manual
The following is based on NextPVR
If the automatic scan did not apply all logos, from within Kodi it is possible to manually add or remove logos by following these directions:
- 1. In the PVR Settings menu set the folder which contains the logos as shown in image 1
- 2. Back to the PVR Homescreen, pull out the Sideblade menu and ensure "Show Icons" is enabled (image 2)
- 3. From the TV Channel listing, highlight the channel that will have the logo set (image 3)
- 4. Call up the Context Menu and select Manage (image 4)
- 5. From the Manage Context menu, select Channel manager (image 5)
- 6. From the Channel manager page, scroll to the desired channel. Once the channel is highlighted, move to the right column and select Channel icon: (image 6)
- 7. From the Browse for icon page, select Browse or other appropriate option (image 7)
- 8. From the Browse for icon page, select Channel icons which is the folder you set in the Settings page in image 1 above (image 8)
- 9. Select the appropriate logo and press OK
If loading multiple logos, repeat from Step 6.
If you are using TVHeadend as your TV server, then it is possible to add logos using it's web admin interface.
You will need to host the logos somewhere on an internal web server or external.
Then you can add the logos in the "User Icon" field manager (TVHeadend web page >> Configuration >> Channel / EPG):
|Return to top|
|Next step:||Live TV Guide|