Ember Media Manager
|Supplemental tools||Ember Media Manager|
|Ember Media Manager|
Ember Media Manager is the all in one media manager for the popular XBMC. An open source media manager for Windows.
|See the Ember Media Manager Release Thread on the Kodi forums for more information.|
This EmberWiki is outdated! Link to current Ember-WIKI: http://wiki.embermediamanager.org/
- 1 Features
- 2 Screenshots
- 3 Youtube tutorial
- 4 HOW TOs
- 5 FAQ
- 5.1 How can I install Ember?
- 5.2 I’ve installed Ember but now I got error on start and I don't see anything!
- 5.3 Whenever I scrape many german movies using ODfb scraper I end up with many english plots, descriptions. Whats going on?
- 5.4 EMBER - does not scrape movies! Why?
- 5.5 I get the following error: The type initializer for 'EmberAPI.Master' threw an exception.
- 6 See also
- Main page with lists your whole movie collection and Tv Shows
- Many additional tools like export of library to HTML site for presentation in internet
- Ember uses popular MediaInfo to retrieve metadata for your media
And much more
3 Youtube tutorial
4 HOW TOs
4.1 How to create your own HTML Export Template
First we take a look to an existing template in Ember Manager. Let’s take a look at „template“ in Ember:
Each template in Ember consists of static and dynamic HTML. In the above picture all dynamic sections of the template are marked red. As you see we have GENRE, PLOT, TITLE, PATH and YEAR information of the movie as dynamic parts.
Now the interesting part is the declaration of ONE MOVIE section (using the <$MOVIE> tag). Following rules apply:
- Inside this tag you will define the layout of the movie information/presentation.
- Inside MOVIE section you can use valid Ember variables like $YEAR, §MOVIENAME, $FILENAME, $PLOT and $GENRES.... Each of this variable will be replaced with the specific information from Ember database.
- The MOVIE section will be repeated for every single movie during the Ember HTML Build process. Because of that the variable $COUNT is important as it is used to distinguish between movies in the template, i.e. if you have a colleciton of 43 movies, COUNT will range from 1 to 43
Maybe it’s easier to understand if you take a look at the HTML code created by Ember after exporting the HTML Template:
As you can see the variables have been replaced with the specific Ember database information. Also you see that the MOVIE section is generated for each movie of your collection. Fort he first movie you see that number „1“ was inserted for COUNT , fort he second movie it’s „2“. This information is used in the „onclick“ event of the movie information to call a function and sending an ID (COUNT, like „1“, „2“) to the function at the same time.
This is it! You now have the basic knowledge to create some HTML Movie Templates of your own. Below is a list of valid EMBER variables you can use in the MOVIE section to query and output specific movie information:
<$MOVIE_PATH> <$POSTER_FILE> <$FANART_FILE> <$MOVIENAME> <$ORIGINALTITLE> <$ACTORS> <$DIRECTOR> <$CERTIFICATION> <$IMDBID> <$MPAA> <$RELEASEDATE> <$RUNTIME> <$TAGLINE> <$RATING> <$VOTES> <$LISTTITLE> <$YEAR> <$COUNTRY> <$COUNT> <$FILENAME> <$DIRNAME> <$OUTLINE> <$PLOT> <$GENRES> <$VIDEO> <$VIDEO_DIMENSIONS> <$AUDIO> <$SIZE> <$DATEADD> <$SET> 'All sets which movie belongs to, seperated with ";" <$NOW> 'Save Build Date. might be useful info! <$COUNTRY> <$IDMOVIEDB> <$PLAYCOUNT> <$STUDIO> <$TOP250> <$TRAILER> <$VIDEOSOURCE> <$WATCHED> <$VIDEOBITRATE> <$VIDEOMULTIVIEW> 3D Support if > 1 -> 3D Movie <$VIDEOENCODINGSETTINGS> <$AUDIOBITRATE> <$MOVIESETS> 'A long string of all moviesets, seperated with ";"
Here are some of the most asked questions