21 Aug 2020 - The wiki is undergoing a major cleanup. If you arrived here from a search engine and cannot find the page, please use the wiki search instead (top right corner of page)
More info can be found on the forum
| Wiki revamp:|
This page or section of the wiki undergoing a revamp. Content is still being added and organized. Please pardon the dust and anything that might not be working.
1 Editors questions
- Will xbmcbuntu be in both x86 and x86_64 or just x86_64
- Whats xbmcbuntu situation with legacy hd2000 and anything nt supported in oss hardware wise now?
- Any notes or anything worth mentioning further?
- Updates t the hardware lists below?
Considering a more general list is be done also for other platforms like android sort of thing for other pages this would probably be a good time to specify things in a separate table for this though this table is xbmcbuntu. idk havent looked at main hardwrae requiremts list atm.
There are some discrepancies between this list and the main one Supported_hardware idle like to clarify before updating the other one as well.
2 Colaborative editors answers
If you know answers or have something to contribute, let it be made in this section
3 XBMCbuntu minimum and recommended hardware requirements
|Minimum Required Hardware for XBMC|
|Intel Pentium 4 | Intel Pentium M||AMD Athlon XP/64||AMD Opteron||ATI/AMD||Intel||NVIDIA||1GB|| OpenGL 1.4
8GB or larger
| Very fast modern dual-core processor is required
to decode H.264 videos in FullHD (1080p)
|ATI Radeon R700 (HD 5000)
supported and recommended
|Intel GMA 950 (945G)
or newer supported
Intel GMA X4500HD (G45)
or newer recommended.
|NVIDIA GeForce 6-Series|
and newer supported
and newer recommended.
- x86 or x86_64 (Intel/AMD) processor computer capable of booting from CD-ROM/USB drive.
- Optional is to install to a 8GB (or larger) USB-flash-drive or internal harddrive.
- Larger than 8GB is if you have a lot of media as covers are cached on it.