Difference between revisions of "Add-on:The TVDB v4 (Movies)"
m (Addon-Bot Update)
Tag: Manual revert
|(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 03:00, 15 May 2022
|The TVDB v4 (Movies)|
|Add-ons||The TVDB v4 (Movies)|
TheTVDB.com plugin is a TV scraper built on one of the longest-running community-driven TV and Movie databases. With content metadata available for hundreds of thousands of TV shows and Movies, the site is a complete and accurate source for streamlining the metadata in your Kodi library. TheTVDB is free to access and is actively maintained by the thousands of community members that contribute to it.
This add-on is installed from the Add-on browser located in Kodi as follows:
- Install from repository
- Information providers (v16 and higher)
- Movie information
- The TVDB v4 (Movies)
TheTVDB v4 (Movies) is a new movie scraper developed by TheTVDB Team. It is written in Python and accesses v4 of TheTVDB API.
TheTVDB v4 scraper accesses the following site to scrape your movies:
- TheTVDB - for metadata and artwork
This is the only scraper that can scrape Movies at TheTVDB site.
Scraper settings can be adjusted in two locations, each location having a different result. When adjusting the settings be mindful of where:
- Settings>Add-ons>Information Providers>Movies
- Scrapers are installed with default settings. Adjusting settings in this location sets the new default settings for your scraper. From this point on any source you change to use this scraper will use the new default settings. Existing sources are not changed
- If an existing source is already using this scraper, and you would like the new settings to take effect, change the source to use another scraper, save and answer no to updating the library. Then change the scraper back and the new default settings will be loaded for the source. Alternatively, use the next method.
- Videos>Files>Source>Context Menu>Change Source>Settings
- Changing settings at the source will affect that source only.
Note: Changing scraper settings does not change the metadata or artwork already in your library. Only items scraped after the setting changes will be affected.
- Set which language of metadata to scrape
- Preferred content rating country
- Set which country's Content Certification system to use (MPAA)
- Get tags
- Whether to scrape movie tags also.
- Please provide the gender of the primary user of this information. TheTVDB collects basic demographic information that we anonymize and combine to track worldwide TV and movie popularity. We provide this summarized information to partners in the entertainment space to help influence the production and licensing of content.
- Birth Year
- Please provide the birth year of the primary user of this information. TheTVDB collects basic demographic information that we anonymize and combine to track worldwide TV and movie popularity. We provide this summarized information to partners in the entertainment space to help influence the production and licensing of content.
- Enter an optional TheTVDB subscriber PIN. Future extended functionality within this plugin may benefit from being a TheTVDB subscriber, which grants you a unique PIN to use within all of your TheTVDB-connected systems. This is not required for the functionality most users would expect, but it does help support TheTVDB as a free resource.
|Return to top|