Add-on:TMDb TV Shows
TMDb TV Shows is the latest scraper developed by Team Kodi. It is written in Python and has proven to be more stable and reliable than the Regex based scrapers currently in use.
TMDb TV Shows scraper accesses the following sites to scrape your TV Shows, seasons and episodes to populate your library:
- TheMovieDB - for metadata and some artwork
- fanart.tv - for artwork
- IMDB - for ratings
- Trakt.tv - for ratings
If the scraper is unable to find the correct TV Show, you can perform a search using either the IMDB, TMDB or TVDB ID's. This may be a more convenient method than using a Parsing NFO file.
- To search by TMDB enter the prefix tmdb/ followed by the ID. eg tmdb/90027
- To search by TVDB enter the prefix tvdb/ followed by the ID. eg tvdb/365026
- To search by IMDB ID enter the ttxxxxxx ID directly without any prefix. eg tt0489974
Note: This method can only be used for the TV Show. It cannot be used to find episodes.
Scraper settings can be adjusted in two locations, each location having a different result. When adjusting the settings be mindful of where:
- Scrapers are installed with default settings. Adjusting settings in this location sets the new default settings for your scraper. From this point on any source you change to this scraper will use the new default settings. Existing sources are not changed
- If an existing source is already using this scraper, and you would like the new settings to take effect, change the source to use another scraper, save and answer no to updating the library. Then change the scraper back and the new default settings will be loaded.
- Changing settings at the source will affect that source only.
Note: Changing scraper settings does not change what is already in your library. Only items scraped after the setting changes will be affected.
- Preferred language
- Set which language of metadata to scrape
- Preferred certification country
- Country/Nation preference for Content Advisory Ratings (MPAA)- eg M, MA, PG
- Include certification prefix
- To display the appropriate Content Advisory Rating flags in your skin, the rating must be prefixed. Enable this setting and add the prefix in the next setting.
- Insert the required certification prefix here. If unsure, check with the skin author what the required prefix is for your chosen country.
- Keep Original Title
- Use the original (untranslated) title when downloading metadata for a foreign film.
- For example the TV show Money Heist is the English translated title. The original title of the TV show is La casa de papel. If you prefer the English translated title (or whichever language you have set in the scraper settings), then disable the setting. If you prefer the original languge title then enable the setting.
- Default rating from
- Choose which default rating to download. Choices are TMDB, IMDB and Trakt.
- Also add IMDB ratings
- Add IMDB in addition to the default rating
- Also add Trakt.tv ratings
- Add Trakt.tv in addition to the default rating
- Also add TMDB ratings
- Add TMDB ratings in addition to the default rating
The above settings are available for extra TV Show and Season artwork from fanart.tv.
- Client key (optional)
- Enter your personal API key here if you have one.
- A personal API key is not required to use these features.
- Verbose debug logging
- Used to add additional logging to help fault find scraping issues.
- The additional logging is detailed and not required for general scraping issues. Please do not enable this unless specifically requested.
|Return to top|