XBMC related projects and sites
1 Official XBMC community sites/pages
- The official XBMC website.
- The XBMC forums offers help and support for both end-users, developers, skinners and graphics-designers (English only!).
- IRC channel: #XBMC (on Freenode network), official support/chat on IRC (English only!).
- XBMC @ SourceForge.NET, the Official XBMC Project page (English only!).
2 Affiliated XBMC community sites/pages
- Xbox-Scene.com's XBMC-community-forums, unofficial/independent XBMC help and support forum (English only!).
- link building service
3 Local XBMC community sites/pages
- XBMC Magazine (www.xbmc.fr), french XBMC fan-site and community-forums (French only)
- XBMC Russia (www.xbmc.ru), russian XBMC fan-site and community-forums (Russian only)
- XBMC Netherlands (www.xbmcfreak.nl), Dutch XBMC fan-site and community-forums (Mainly Dutch)
4 Unofficial XBMC community sites/pages
We don't link to the two old Xbox skin sites here because they are mostly outdated and unmaintained to the degree where they now spread malware :/
- XBMC News Blog (http://xbmc.blogspot.com), unofficial/independent fan-site with XBMC news (English). No updates since Dec 2007.
Open source projects that XBMC depends on (if you help/support or contribute these projects then you indirectly help/support XBMC):
- MPlayer - XBMC A/V playback core is based upon the MPlayer for Linux Project
- FFmpeg - XBMC uses FFmpeg codec suite to decode and view DivX, JPG, etc.
- libdvdnav - XBMC uses libdvdnav from this project to display/navigate DVD-Video menus
- libCDIO - XBMC uses this library to read ISO 9660, CDDA and parse CD/DVD images
- libmpeg2 - XBMC uses the libmpeg2 codec library to decode MPEG 1/2 & VOB
- libvorbis - XBMC uses the libvorbis codec library to decode OGG audio
- libmad - XBMC uses the libmad codec library to decode MP3 audio
- libdca (formaly libdts) - XBMC used the libdca codec library to decode DTS audio in software
- xiph - XBMC uses the xpih codec library to decode Theora Video (VP3)
- MikMod - XBMC uses this library from this project to playback Tracker Mod's
- SidPlay2 - XBMC uses this library from this project to playback SID (C64) audio
- matroska/матрёшка - XBMC uses Matroska library to demux Matroska containers
- CxImage - XBMC uses this library for it's picture viewing and picture slideshows
- Goom - XBMC uses Goom (v1.99) audio visualization engine as one visualisation
- MXM - XBMC got matrix-trails screensaver code from the "Media X Menu" project
- Pos Software
- outdoor fountains
- Madera dentist
- halloween contact lenses
- LZO - XBMC uses the LZO library to compress/decompress XBMC skin textures
- FiBidi - XBMC uses FriBidi Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm library to flip sibtitles
- FileZilla - XBMC uses FileZilla FTP server from this project
- GoAhead WebServer XBMC uses the libGoAhead for XBMC built-in WebServer
- Python - XBMC has a limited ported version of the Python framework for scripts