The userdata folder is where all of your settings and customizations are stored.
1 Location of the userdata folder
|Operative system||File path|
|Android (see note)||Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/|
|Mac OS X (see note)||/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/|
|Windows||Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata - press <Enter>|
1.1 Android location
Sometimes the exact path will differ from device to device. The Android userdata folder is usually inside of "sdcard" so the path might be /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
2 Backing up your settings
- See: Backup
3 UserData folder contents
Below are the elements contained in the UserData folder and their role:
- addon_data - Contains configuration data for your currently installed addons, the addons themselves are not in userdata but one folder up in 'addons'
- Database - This is where all of the databases required for your Music and Video Libraries are located, containing any downloaded (scraped) music or video information.
- MyMusic#.db - Database file containing Music information.
- MyPrograms#.db - Database file containing Program information.
- MyVideos#.db - Database file containing Movie, TV Show and Music Videos information.
- ViewModes#.db - Database file containing information on all Kodi views (viewmode, sorting etc.).
- Addons#.db - Database file containing information on all Kodi addons (skins, scraper, video-addons...).
- Textures#.db - Database file containing information on all Kodi textures (thumbs, fanart, posters...).
- TV1#.db - Database file containing information on Live-TV channels (experimental PVR-builds only!).
- EPG#.db - Database file containing information on EPG for Live-TV (experimental PVR-builds only!).
- keymaps - This folder is where your customized keymapping files reside (e.g. MyRemote.xml or keyboard.xml)
- library - Directory to store custom library nodes.
- Playlists - This is where your playlists are stored. There are separate subfolders for mixed, music and video playlists.
- mixed - playlists containing both audio and music videos, will show in both the Music and Video Libraries.
- music - playlists containing audio only, will show in the Music Library.
- video - playlists containing videos only, will show in the Video Library.
- Thumbnails - Cached Thumbnails (icons) are stored in this folder.
- advancedsettings.xml - A user can create this file in their UserData folder. The file can contain additional settings and pre-defined values for the settings available in the GUI (thus removing them from the GUI settings screens). Useful for advanced users and for installers.
- Visualizations - All of your visualization settings are stored in this folder. <<this is not present in frodo?
- favourites.xml - This file, which may be created by Kodi or the user in their UserData folder contains items added via the Add to Favourites context menu option.
- guisettings.xml - This is where your settings configured in the GUI are stored (through the User Interface Settings).
- Lircmap.xml - This file which may be created can contain changes to the default Lircmap (Linux Only).
- partymode.xsp - Defines the Smart Playlist to be used when using Party Mode for music playback.
- profiles - Directory stores your additionally created user-profiles settings and data information this directory may contain all the contents of the userdata list depending on settings used to create the user. ?
- RssFeeds.xml - RssFeeds.xml is used to configure the RSS feeds displayed on the home screen.
- sources.xml - Defines your Media Sources and locations.
- mediasources.xml - Similar to sources.xml, but just for the "Browse for new share" window.
- profiles.xml - Stores your Master user and additional user(s) Master lock codes and profiles information see also Settings/System#Master lock and Media sources#Locking ?
- autoexec.py - optional python script that is run at Kodi startup.